phone messages on the phone vs on the *86
myworkphone0833

I am having trouble with the phone messages going to the *86 mailbox and not to my phone.  Is there a fix for that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: phone messages on the phone vs on the *86
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello myworkphone0833,

We definitely want your phone to be working correctly. Can you please clarify what exactly is going on?

-Christopher

0 Likes
myworkphone0833

phone voice messages are not going to the phone.  I might get 4 calls come in and one message will save on the actual phone but the others will go to *86 mailbox and I have no idea they were saved there until I start getting a message that my mailbox is full.  I need the messages to be saved on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello myworkphone0833. We want to be sure to provide the assistance you need for your phone voicemail. Please share a few more details so we can help.  What happens when you try to save your voicemails to your phone? Are you receiving an error message? 

-Tanisha

0 Likes
myworkphone0833

OK,

the phone rings and if I don't answer it, it appears as if the caller did not leave a message.

Out of curiosity I will check the *86 mailbox and there will be messages.

I get no error messages or any notification that there are messages in that mailbox.

I need the messages to be physically on the phone and not going directly to the *86 mailbox whenever the system decides to send them there. 

Right now there are 7 new messages on the *86 mailbox and not on the phone itself.  I had no idea they were there until I called the *86 number. 

I want all the messages to save onto the physical phone.

This phone is used as a business phone and  there are times when I am waiting for important phone calls to come in and they go directly to *86 without me even know the call came in.  We lose business this way.

I have been dealing with this for around 6 - 8 months now with no resolution.

PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, myworkphone0833. Please be assured that we want to resolve this issue for you so that you can have an excellent experience with your phone.

We must check the basics first. What is the model of your iPhone and the iOS installed on it currently?

-Antonio

0 Likes
myworkphone0833

It is a brand new iPhone 13 and the software is the most up to date version as I am constantly checking for new updates and updating

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perfect! You have a fabulous device (https://www.verizon.com/support/apple-iphone-13/), myworkphone0833. 

We are committed to resolving this visual voicemail issue and any other issues you may experience with your phone (https://www.verizon.com/support/apple-iphone-13-troubleshooting/#!/main/device/&MLA23LL%252FA&10061/...).

You mention that this is your business phone. Is this phone part of a business account or a regular consumer account?

-Antonio

0 Likes
myworkphone0833

I will start off by saying I am so frustrated with all of this and the run around I feel I am getting.

I don't know what visual voicemail is and if we have to pay more for it then we don't want it.  Or if it's the thing that sends me a separate text message for each call that comes in, I tried that, and not just no but HECK NO.  I don't need  30 additional texts a day.

The account was set up as a regular consumer account, we were just told last month we could change it to a business account, but that we would have to wait now.  Apparently no one told the boss about business accounts when she switched to Verizon.

I've been to that troubleshooting page, it is worthless in this situation. 

This problem is with the regular phone calls that come in and don't appear on the phone in the mailbox.  I believe tech people call it the "phone app".  I don't understand why nobody understands what the problem is!  I don't know how else to explain what is happening.  I am beyond frustrated with this.  I just spent 30 minutes clearing out the *86 mailbox of 22 new messages that never showed up on the phone from last week to today.  I had no idea anyone even left a message and some customers are not happy and have no problem telling me so!!  

And I'll just add that we didn't have this problem until we switched to Verizon.  

0 Likes
myworkphone0833

Just letting you know that I now know what visual voicemail is (it's the app) thanks to one of my customers who is a retired IT guy.  I will now go to that web site you posted to me and see if this can be resolved.

thank you

0 Likes