Extend the $1000 offer for Hurricane Ian victims?
dbloch5800

I just got power/internet service back due to Hurricane Ian.  Cell service is still spotty at best.  I tried to order 2 new iPhone 14 with the $1000 offer but it is now gone.  I attempted to "live chat" with Shilmi.  Though at one point Shilmi did state I would get the offer, it was quickly withdrawn.  My chat session is below.  

Will verizon extend this offer?

10:01, Oct 3
You: I'm trying to upgrade 2 of my devices. The $1000 offer is gone. I live in SW Florida and today is the first day I have internet back. I don't see that offer now. Can I still get that offer?
Info: We received your message and we'll connect you with the next available live agent.
Info: You'll be connected to the next available live agent as soon as possible.
Info: To protect your privacy, please do not send confidential information (ex. SSN, PIN, payment info, etc.) to our agents. When required, Verizon has a secure process and will not record this information. For more info, you can visit: https://www.verizon.com/about/privacy/
10:02, Oct 3
Shilmi: Hi! This is Shilmi with Verizon. I will be happy to assist you with your upgrade today. For me to better assist you, may I have your full name and phone number please?
10:02, Oct 3
You: Doug xxxx 239-xxx-4274
10:03, Oct 3
Shilmi: Pleased to meet you Doug! I hope you're doing well today. 😊 I appreciate your interest upgrading your device. Surely, I got you here. No worries! I'll be more than glad to check your account offers and apply the best deals for you.
10:04, Oct 3
Shilmi: May I have the lines you are looking to upgrade?
You: 239-xxx-4274
You: 239-xxx-6457
10:07, Oct 3
Shilmi: I got it, and thank you for that. Allow me a moment to check this for you.
10:08, Oct 3
Shilmi: Please take note: Devices received with Find My iPhone turned on won't get any money for the trade. From your device, go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone
10:09, Oct 3
Shilmi: Meanwhile, may I ask what preferred device you would like to get as an upgrade today?
10:10, Oct 3
You: The 14 Pro 128 GB (black) -> 4274 and 14 Pro Max 128 GB (purple) -> 6457
10:12, Oct 3
Shilmi: Great device choice! iPhone 14 series has a longest battery life ever. Emergency SOS via satellite. A huge leap in low-light photos. iOS 16 lets you customize your Lock Screen in fun new ways. Crash Detection calls for help when you can’t. iPhone 14 can detect a severe car crash, then call 911 and notify your emergency contacts. I am happy to inform you that you can save up to $1000 credit when you trade in your old or damaged phone upgrade to Apple iPhone 14 series with select 5G premium unlimited plans. Let's get this locked in today!
10:14, Oct 3
You: ok
10:15, Oct 3
Shilmi: Yay, if you trade in each device, you can save $800 off the new iPhone 14 Pros for each line! Let's get this offer applied.❤️
10:17, Oct 3
You: no you just said $1000 and that is the offer I want.
10:20, Oct 3
Shilmi: Let me double check the trade-in value of your current device.
10:21, Oct 3
Shilmi: And for us to process this your find my iPhone should be off. Go to settings > click your profile on top > iCloud > find my iPhone/ Find my and turn it off.
10:22, Oct 3
Shilmi: May I kindly ask, are the phone glasses is free of cracks and the screen is functioning correctly (both front and back, if applicable)?
10:23, Oct 3
You: yes
10:24, Oct 3
Shilmi: Great, please turn off the Find my iPhone feature on your current device, so we can process the trade in credit for you.
10:24, Oct 3
Shilmi: Please let me know once you are done so that I can check the best value and process the trade-in for you.
10:25, Oct 3
You: I'm guessing the new phones will be shipped in a few weeks. Once I get the new phones I will disable the find my iphone on my current phones. I'm not going to have this feature disabled for the next few weeks.
10:25, Oct 3
You: I've traded in devices before
10:29, Oct 3
Shilmi: As I've double checked, you are eligible to get $800 trade in value for your current phones upgrade with iPhone 14 series which includes iPhone 14 pro max. To set expectation, our promo may varies from time to time and we don't have the exact date on when it will end. That's why we always recommend to take advantage the promo.
10:30, Oct 3
You: Did you read my very first message?
10:31, Oct 3
You: I'm trying to upgrade 2 of my devices. The $1000 offer is gone. I live in SW Florida and today is the first day I have internet back. I don't see that offer now. Can I still get that offer?
10:34, Oct 3
Shilmi: I understand, and I really appreciate your time and patience contacting us regarding your inquiry. As I can see here, the $1000 trade-in promotion is no longer available to your account. And to set your expectation, our promo may varies from time to time yet, we don't have the exact date on when it will end.
10:35, Oct 3
You: so when you typed "I am happy to inform you that you can save up to $1000 credit when you trade in your old or damaged phone upgrade to Apple iPhone 14 series with select 5G premium unlimited plans. Let's get this locked in today!" you lied?
10:37, Oct 3
Shilmi: I do apologize for the confusion. Our trade-in promotion is applicable in select eligible devices and Verizon account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extend the $1000 offer for Hurricane Ian victims?
Lutezy

I’ve been on and off the site since the day iPhone 14’s went live and it’s always said up $1000 with eligible trade in. You had to have one of the most recent devices to qualify for the $1000. I had an XS Max and got $800 plus $200 for switching from T-Mobile. I know this because I ordered on the 9/9 and they messed up my order around the 20th and had to reorder again and got thru the trade in process two times as well as checking several times to see if they were in stock at stores while I traveled. The only way this wasn’t the case if if they were offering different trade in deals for current customers which my significant other didn’t have either being a current customer. I also just checked and the website is still saying get up to $1000 for trade in. 

0 Likes
Re: Extend the $1000 offer for Hurricane Ian victims?
dbloch5800

If you switch from another company, not if your an existing customer and just wanting to upgrade.

0 Likes