Has anyone else experienced an issue with receiving the promised $200 gift card for switching carriers?
jdavisclark91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased an iphone 14 pro max in-store in early September and was told by the in-store representative that I would receive an email from Verizon with a rebate code for a $200 e-gift card once I had ported my number over and that it could take up to 8 weeks to receive the code. 

8 weeks came and went with no email, so I chatted with the online customer support team who told me that the promo code was in fact supposed to be provided by the in-store sales representative, and that I would need to physically go back to the store. 

I returned to the store, and a sales representative confirmed that the prior in-store rep with whom I had interacted were in fact supposed to have provided me the rebate code. The new in-store rep then provided me with a code and a link to the rebate website. However, upon entering the code on the website, I was met with an error message stating that I was out of the submission period to use the code. 

I called Verizon Support, and they confirmed that the code needed to be used within a certain time frame after placing my order or it would become invalid. The representative then engaged with the rebate team, who told him that there was nothing they could do on their end. The representative then tried to escalate the situation, but was unable to submit an escalation form for the issue because he had to check a box stating that I was outside of the window for the code submission (despite being told by a Verizon Sales Rep that I should expect the code via email within 8 weeks which caused me to fall out of that window). 

The representative then suggested that maybe I should go back to the store and they could do something in-store. By this time, I had spent over 4 hours dealing with this issue with no resolution, and told them I would not be going back to the store for a 3rd time. 

I want to know if anyone else has experienced any similar problems with receiving a promised e-gift card from Verizon. This whole experience has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I genuinely feel like Verizon is being intentionally fraudulent in the misinformation they provide regarding promos and how difficult they make it for customers to get any sort of resolution.

@Vzsupport @support @Rebates @rebate @Giftcard 

Labels (1)
Re: Has anyone else experienced an issue with receiving the promised $200 gift card for switching carriers?
AzCryptoGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont trust Verizon as they are pretty shady. Went into a store to get the full info on the Iphone 14 pro on us (lie) when you port over a line. $800 credit is applied after billing cycles, so the consumer has to make 2 payment towards the Iphone14pro ...The Ecard can be applied towards phone bills only and not the phone, if you apply it towards the iphone14pro balance you lose the $800 credit. Super shady and a lie that the Iphone14 pro is on Verizon as the consumer has pay the $200 left over balance at $5.55 a month for 36 months, you have to get full info from reps on this. The reps know this and still tell the lie that Verizon has pushed. 

Re: Has anyone else experienced an issue with receiving the promised $200 gift card for switching carriers?
NolesAndSteelers27
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I got my phone end of September and saw "You'll get..." meaning, You will get. I believed there was nothing else to do on my part. I just spoke to Verizon about a $150 discount for adding a Apple Watch, per the store employee, and they said they knew nothing about this. When I inquired about the gift card I hadn't received I was told that I didn't claim it with the first 30 days so it expired and there was nothing they could do. I don't have any emails telling me to claim it. So apparently I'm out $350 of promos. Really seems shady to put those promos out there and then tell me that I didn't jump thru enough hoops to get them. 

verizon119
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this EXACT problem right now. No one in store knows how these rebates work and now I'm outside of the 30 day window.  Verizon support is just giving me the middle finger because they're thrilled I don't have the rebate because now I'm paying more.

Re: issue with receiving the promised $200 gift card for switching carriers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon119, it is a shame to read that you are having issues with your gift  card, let us provide the contact for you:

Rebate Center and Card Services

Consult on rebate status and Verizon eGift card issues
Phone
Phone:877-899-8980 Prepaid MastercardOther:CTI Rebate CenterPhone:877-883-4908 Internal Use only
URL
Hours of Operation

Sat-Sun8:00AM - 12:00AM ET
Mon-Fri7:00AM - 12:00AM ET

>Edgar

0 Likes
shelbilien
Enthusiast - Level 2

EXACT same issue here. Purchased 2 devices online on October 10th. When the phones arrived the port hadn't been done properly so I had to go into Verizon and spend almost 4 hours there while they attempted to switch them. We saw online when we ordered the phones that the code should show up in the notifications section of our verizon app.. well that never happened. On November 30th I decided to reach out since I still hadn't received anything. I have talked to 10+ reps/departments and they just keep passing me around. The first or second person was able to find the promo code - but when I entered the promo code it was denied since it was past the date to use it. Each person keeps saying they can't see things on my account, etc. and transferring me elsewhere. I was told to call the rebate center - who then transferred me to the "verizon rebate center" - who then transferred me back to the rebate center... just one big circle with no one actually being able to help. There are obviously a bunch of people who never received the code to get their $200 gift cards - so it shocks me that no verizon employee seems to have any idea what to do. 

Re: Has anyone else experienced an issue with receiving the promised $200 gift card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that you never received your rebate. We would be more than happy to help. Please follow and PM us, so we can help. 

*Cassandra

0 Likes
Sherri68
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched to Verizon and received two Rebate's via email for $350.00 each, I tried to redeem in the store when purchasing two additional phones. I was told they are only good to redeem against the account and not for instore purchases. 

I've chatted with several people over the last several months trying to pay my bill and finally got some assistance today, however i was still unable to use the rebates. I found that you can not use rebates to pay against your bill you need a gift card. I never received any gift cards. So I'm out of a total $700.00 of a empty promise from Verizon. On top of that every time I contact verizon not only do I get the run around I also get the upsells. So flipping frustrated. I think I just might switch.

nickvan66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the exact same problem.  Added a line to get a $350 gift card and they said I would receive an email to redeem within 8 weeks.  Never received any email and called them and they said it had expired because I didn't redeem it in 30 days and that there was nothing they could do.  The final customer service rep gave me the gift card number to call and said they could help me.  Called the number and its 100% automated to check your gift card balance and pay your bill.  Can't even talk to a person LOL.  Absolutely insane.  Seems like way too shady for a big company like Verizon but maybe that's how they're able to hide it so well.

Charlene15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told the same thing by two different people then tonight I was told that the plan I have wasn’t eligible for the rebate.