Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Has anyone else experienced an issue with receiving the promised $200 gift card for switching carriers?
jdavisclark91

I purchased an iphone 14 pro max in-store in early September and was told by the in-store representative that I would receive an email from Verizon with a rebate code for a $200 e-gift card once I had ported my number over and that it could take up to 8 weeks to receive the code. 

8 weeks came and went with no email, so I chatted with the online customer support team who told me that the promo code was in fact supposed to be provided by the in-store sales representative, and that I would need to physically go back to the store. 

I returned to the store, and a sales representative confirmed that the prior in-store rep with whom I had interacted were in fact supposed to have provided me the rebate code. The new in-store rep then provided me with a code and a link to the rebate website. However, upon entering the code on the website, I was met with an error message stating that I was out of the submission period to use the code. 

I called Verizon Support, and they confirmed that the code needed to be used within a certain time frame after placing my order or it would become invalid. The representative then engaged with the rebate team, who told him that there was nothing they could do on their end. The representative then tried to escalate the situation, but was unable to submit an escalation form for the issue because he had to check a box stating that I was outside of the window for the code submission (despite being told by a Verizon Sales Rep that I should expect the code via email within 8 weeks which caused me to fall out of that window). 

The representative then suggested that maybe I should go back to the store and they could do something in-store. By this time, I had spent over 4 hours dealing with this issue with no resolution, and told them I would not be going back to the store for a 3rd time. 

I want to know if anyone else has experienced any similar problems with receiving a promised e-gift card from Verizon. This whole experience has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I genuinely feel like Verizon is being intentionally fraudulent in the misinformation they provide regarding promos and how difficult they make it for customers to get any sort of resolution.

@Vzsupport @support @Rebates @rebate @Giftcard 

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone else experienced an issue with receiving the promised $200 gift card for switching carriers?
AzCryptoGuy

I dont trust Verizon as they are pretty shady. Went into a store to get the full info on the Iphone 14 pro on us (lie) when you port over a line. $800 credit is applied after billing cycles, so the consumer has to make 2 payment towards the Iphone14pro ...The Ecard can be applied towards phone bills only and not the phone, if you apply it towards the iphone14pro balance you lose the $800 credit. Super shady and a lie that the Iphone14 pro is on Verizon as the consumer has pay the $200 left over balance at $5.55 a month for 36 months, you have to get full info from reps on this. The reps know this and still tell the lie that Verizon has pushed. 

0 Likes