iPhone Stolen. Verizon Support Caught Lying Before Disconnecting and Blocking Me. FedEx/UPS Ongoing Issue Not Being Resolved.
mykemetzger12
So apparently this has been happening for years to customers, and now it has happened to me. I ordered a new iPhone, it gets stolen during transport, and now im sitting here device-less, and Verizon doesn't acknowledge the issue. Not only that, but they purposely lie, and then block my access to support after 15 years of being a customer?

Note: Am I irritated? Yes. Was I rude or deserving of being disconnected and lied to? Absolutely not. I simply cornered support with my questions, and instead of being honest and resolving the issue you blocked me. Unbelievable.

Here's the thing: If some sort of support ticket and investigation needs to be created and dealt with, Verizon can do that internally, as that has nothing to do with me. I purchased a phone, and didnt receive it. Thats all there is to it from the customer's perspective.  If Verizon is having problems and needs to open an investigation, that does not involve me. Verizon chooses its own shipping contractor, and whatever investigation is needed is Verizons prerogative, not mine.

The device either needs to be replaced and shipped overnight, or I need to be refunded so I can purchase my phone elsewhere.

Furthermore, I have questions:

• Why would my package with a $1500 phone in it not require a signature?

• I can see in the Verizon community that this is a problem Verizon has dealt with for years and it hasnt been resolved - but what does this issue have to do with me? Verizon chooses its own shipping contractor, not me. If Verizon is having problems and needs to open an investigation, that does not involve me.

• Why does Verizon support pretend like they are unable to call me, and unable to send me a transcript of my support conversation? Then disconnect me and pretend like there are "technical difficulties" - if there were actual technical difficulties then this official support channel would have tweeted about it, but that's clearly not the case. How are these actions justified? Why would you do this to your own customers? Especially ones that have been with you for 15+ years?

Here is what I received from support:

"Please note that since you reached the chat messaging team, our means of communication is through chat only." - this is false.

"we currently do not have the option to send out chat transcripts." - also false.

Verizon calls their customers all the time, and Verizon 100% keeps transcripts of their support conversations on file, theres no way they don't. How do you explain this?

Conclusion: This order was placed on October 26th. I just need the product I purchased as your customer. If the phone was stolen or lost, I need it to be replaced and shipped to me overnight, please. There's nothing else to discuss. The 'investigation' is your issue with your products you sell and the shipping provider you've chosen to use.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone Stolen. Verizon Support Caught Lying Before Disconnecting and Blocking Me. FedEx/UPS Ongoing Issue Not Being Resolved.
mykemetzger12

Then disconnects me and pretend like there are "technical difficulties" - if there were actual technical difficulties then this official support channel would have tweeted about it, but that's clearly not the case.

I tested the website in an incognito window and cleared my cookies/cache to see if it was my device, as well as testing the chat from other devices - and it's clear that my account was specifically blocked.

How are these actions justified? Why would you do this to your own customers? Especially ones that have been with you for 15+ years? I wonder if my access to this support forum will be blocked now too? Hmm.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.02.15 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.09.00 AM.png

0 Likes