$100 TRADE IN PROGRAM IS A SCAM!
TC3TRAINER

I mailed my perfectly working phone when I upgraded to an IPHONE last week.  I used the provided envelope they sent to me and got a mesage back that the appraised value is ZERO.  The sales people at the store lie to you and say they will give you $100 verizon gift card.   I called to ask for my old phone back if the appraised value is zero.  They said it was already in a landfill somewhere and that I was an out of luck sucker.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: $100 TRADE IN PROGRAM IS A SCAM!
rcschnoor
Legend
You don't say what kind of phone you were upgrading from. The $100 upgrade program is for lines with a "basic" phone active on it upgrading to a "smartphone" and the returned phone must be the phone which was active. Was this the case in your situation? Was it done at a Verizon corporate store, which I believe is also required?
0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

Did you follow the email link or did you just go to the website and trade it in?

Verizon is too large a company to scam people, it sounds like you didn't follow the instructions correctly.

I would call back and see what went wrong

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

You say the value was shown as zero. That almost sounds like it didn't meet requirements for this program. Did it have any big scratches, water damage, or anything like that?

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

It sounds like the OP didn't wait for the email or the text that has the promo code in it. If you just go to the trade in program site and trade in the phone and send it in, then you will get the value of the old phone. you have to have the promo code that will give you $100 for the phone.

And with the program you can send in any old phone in any condition, just as long as it was the basic phone that was activated on the line that you upgraded to a smartphone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

TC3TRAINER,

I'm happy to help figure your trade-in mishap, I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing.  Had you received the promotional code? This was to be entered in when you submit for the pre-paid envelope on the trade-in website.  What device did you have activated before the iPhone? You are given an approximate trade-in value at the website, what was that approximate value? As part of the terms you agree to when you trade-in the phone, it is not returnable. 

Please PM me with details for more assistance.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Momxx4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been dealing with VZW (family plan with 3-5 phones) for 12 years now and can honestly say I have never experienced anything like what happened to you.  I would strongly suggest calling the 800 phone no. first and telling them what occurred; if that doesn't get you any satisfaction, go into a corporate store (the 800 # can tell you the nearest).  It just does not sound the way VZW takes care of their customers at all.  I think maybe something out of the ordinary occurred.  I hope it is resolved to your satisfaction.  And for those who say oh she must work for them----no I definitely do not; just stayed this long with that many phones because of the excellent customer service we have always received whether they could do what I asked or not.   

Ming

Yeah same here but it said that i must have selected the wrong phone type when i was putting in the information but i know it was right because my old phone was an LG Chocolate and the one on there was LG Chocolate but in a different color and there was no blue so i selected it....

0 Likes
sbergstc

I ordered and received my iphone a few weeks ago through this promotion. I have not yet received the promotional email/text regarding the return of my old phone so I can get the $100 Verizon GC. Does it typically take this long???

Thanks

sbergstc

p.s. As to the OP's issue, I thought that I was to return the phone in one of the envelopes included in the package (there were 2), but also sort of remembered that I was supposed to receive a email/text. A little confusing... So I called Verizon and was told there was an envelope in the package to RETURN THE IPHONE if I changed my mind within 14 days and there was an envelope to DONATE the phone. Neither of these was for the promotion... Sure glad I called first :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
spoonzie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am begining to believe this is in fact A HUGE SCAM!! I followed every single instruction and got a confirmation email on OCTOBER 4TH 2011 THAT i WOULD GET MY $100 IN three weeks- HAVe NOT RECEIVED IT!! ITS BEEN TEN WEEKS!! AND THEY GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND every time I call.

Now I am getting calls from some outside company about a "claim" I filed about the gift card - I never filed a "claim" . I just called version today and they couldn't give me ANY information.

this is ridiculous. a SCAM and a RIP OFF!!