2 Gig plan stinks
Mkdealnow

Bought 3 iphones and within 24 hours 1 was @ 1.75 Gig. Had to go to $50 plan. I was told by a store employee 95% of people never went over 2 Gigs? I think they just want to collect another $20 per line from me... I wish I could get grandfathered in but corporate says NO!!! I will leave Verizon when contract is up if they do not make a change quickly!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2 Gig plan stinks
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

agent4529 wrote:

its just sad that verizon made the change from unlimited data to buy it buy the gig without giving a good notice to there customers ive had verizon 2 years now ande got stuck buying by the gig because verizon couldnt even put out an email to their customers i would have easily got my plan before the 7th if i had known     they should offer unlimitted to their pre existing customers and show alittle loyalty

Verizon Wireless introduced tiered data pricing to safeguard the first-rate experience with data our customers expect and enjoy. If our current customers already had a Smartphone and were on our unlimited data plan, their pricing was not changed and they were able to keep the unlimited data.

Our usage-based pricing options best serve the majority of our customers. As a matter of fact, over 90% of our Smartphone customers use less than 2 GB of data each month.

Below, I have included important information on our new data plans:

• Our customers who have Smartphone that had the Unlimited Data feature can retain this feature, even if upgrading to a new Smartphone. This includes 4G Smartphones. 

• Upgrades from Feature/Multimedia phones to Smartphones require new data pricing.

• New data pricing applies to new lines of service.

• $30.00 data package is not eligible for employee discounts.

• Unlike previous data pricing with Family SharePlans, all lines with new data plans $45.00 or higher will qualify for applicable employee discounts.

Additionally, to determine your data usage needs and view data usage approximations, please visit the following link:

www.verizonwireless.com/datacalculator

I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

what are you doing to do 2gb in 1 day?

thats alot of data

0 Likes
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

That is a ton of data to use in a 24hr period. The Verizon rep was correct, 95% of people don't use a lot of data. I barely hit 3GB in a month and that's after streaming sirius-xm, maps, etc.

0 Likes
Mkdealnow

Down loading to my new Iphone

0 Likes
Mkdealnow

You are probably on an unlimited plan and use it on a wireless network too. We do not!!!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

yes i am unlimited, no i dont use wireless

i use 3-6gb a month

your iphone is 3g

3g will avg @ 100mb per hour on an extended download

ive tested it with 2gb files in the past

so basically your downloading almost 24/7

you knew you had a cap of 2gb

you know how big the itmes are your downloading

add em up

now if your streaming video or music, then yeah, its gonna go fast

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Mkdealnow wrote:

Bought 3 iphones and within 24 hours 1 was @ 1.75 Gig. Had to go to $50 plan. I was told by a store employee 95% of people never went over 2 Gigs? I think they just want to collect another $20 per line from me... I wish I could get grandfathered in but corporate says NO!!! I will leave Verizon when contract is up if they do not make a change quickly!!!!

Even if you switch you will likely end up on some sort of tiered plan unless you go to one of the few companies that still offer unlimited data. With that being said, unfortunately if you are a heavy data user and don't utilize wifi when possible you will need more than the 2 GB plan. If your usage was high only because it's a new device for you and you won't normally use that much data then you have to option of going back to the 2 GB plan next billing cycle. If you didn't have the unlimited plan before the change then of course corporate told you no you couldn't be grandfathered into that plan....it wouldn't be fair to grandfather you in when you never had it to begin with. Your best bet would be to try and use wifi whenever possible...not sure what your circumstances are but it might ultimately be cheaper to have wifi installed in your home if you don't have it than it would be to pay for the $50 plan per line (I know where I live  you can get wifi/internet service for far less than $60/month which is what you would be paying as the difference for the upgraded data plan on each line). Plus, there are usually tons of public places where you can get access to free wifi...helpful if you're out and about but not so much if most of your use is at home.

0 Likes
agent4529

its just sad that verizon made the change from unlimited data to buy it buy the gig without giving a good notice to there customers ive had verizon 2 years now ande got stuck buying by the gig because verizon couldnt even put out an email to their customers i would have easily got my plan before the 7th if i had known     they should offer unlimitted to their pre existing customers and show alittle loyalty

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

agent4529 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, it was announced before the change was made on the 7th. Perhaps not by individual notification to each customer, but I recall a couple of threads started up on here about it and if customers should add the data plan or wait to see the exact pricing of the new tiered plans. As far as any company showing loyalty...it's wishful thinking but it's not in most business plans to show loyalty to the customer...

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

agent4529 wrote:

it was all over the internet about a month prior

0 Likes