Re: *228 not working - "The number or code you dialed is incorrect"
jjhuddle

programming successful! Best Day Ever!! :robotvery-happy:

0 Likes
theperfectluv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my phone to work by going in the settings and "reset and erase" and then when it rebooted it let me dial *228 and press option 1 to activate

0 Likes
shmagoogle

I just got my phone today and yeah, I have the Vodafone problem, but I have a question.

How does the phone know to be on Verizon's network after you erase all settings?

I'm just being careful to not mess up my phone.

0 Likes
theperfectluv
Enthusiast - Level 2

What this user said to do fixed my phone as well!!

0 Likes
theperfectluv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told that the iphone just knows what to do and it has a mind of its own thats what verizon said... i did the erase and reset and i lost some of the applications i had bought but Verizon credited me back the money i had spent.

0 Likes
Starmaul81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't worry the phone knows exactly what to do. You can go right ahead and erase all contents and settings. I had the vodaphone too but after I did that it does disappear and everything goes back to normall...amazingly.

0 Likes
courtniemarie

Thanks to everyone for all your help on this today!  Got my phone up and running.  For anyone still having trouble resetting it yourself, I called the 1800 #, got through quickly and was all set up in about 5 minutes. 

She had me pull the battery on my previous phone (also Verizon).  Then dialed *228 on the iPhone and it activated immediately.  Have sent and received calls and texts with no trouble.  Yay! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
jjhuddle

@perfectluv,

Those apps will be in your iTunes under your store in the Apps tab. there is a new 'Purchased' category. They should all be there with your Apple ID.

0 Likes