3 dots or 5
billj6

Almost never do all 5 dots appear next to Verizon on the top bar.  It doesn't matter if I'm beside my router in the house or on 3G at home or anywhere else.  I live in a Pittsburgh suburb with cell towers everywhere.  I generally get good data transfer but sometimes a call goes right to voice mail with no ring.  If there are five dots, why don't five dots light up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3 dots or 5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

billj6, we don't want you to miss another call. Wireless signal is very challenging indoors. Your router works hard to retrieve signal from the best wireless tower in your area. As a result, it's very normal for the bars to fluctuate. Which phone do you have? Have you tried powering your device off/on to soft reset it? Here's a few troubleshooting steps that you can try to ensure that your Network Extender is set up correctly.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

billj6, we don't want you to miss another call. Wireless signal is very challenging indoors. Your router works hard to retrieve signal from the best wireless tower in your area. As a result, it's very normal for the bars to fluctuate. Which phone do you have? Have you tried powering your device off/on to soft reset it? Here's a few troubleshooting steps that you can try to ensure that your Network Extender is set up correctly.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
billj6

Thank you. I will use your advice. By the way, my wireless router gets it's internet feed through the coaxial cable from Comcast.

0 Likes