3G connectivity problems?
lisagennae

I switched from Sprint to Verizon two years ago in October.  Until recently I was more than happy with the service I received.  However, the past 3 months I have been having very serious problems with my IPhone 4 losing connection to the 3G.  Every time I try to access the internet, send an I-message... anything that requires that service, it disconnects.  This problem is mainly occurring at my home but it was never an issue until about 2/3 months ago.  I've reset the network settings but I'm not sure what else to do.

My contract with Verizon ends in October and I'd like to stay with them if I can get this 3G problem fixed, otherwise I will most likely switch to a cheaper carrier.  I know Verizon's coverage overall beats out their other competitors, but if I can't get 3g service at my home, I don't see the sense in paying the additional money.  Right now my boyfriend has Sprint and the 3g is better at our home and mine is with Verizon.

Any idea why all of a sudden my 3G would be acting up? Like I said, wasn't a problem until about 3 months ago. Thank you:)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G connectivity problems?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What zip code location are you located in?

When was the last time you updated the PRL and reprogrammed the phone with the network? Dial *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone and dial *228, option 2 to update your Preferred Roaming List (PRL).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: 3G connectivity problems?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value & appreciate you lisagennae. We don't ever want you to even consider leaving. Let's get that 3G to work as it should. As Ann154 mentioned, you can update your phone by dialing *228 [send] option 1. You can also clear cache. Here are steps to do so: http://vz.to/ZfYtns Once this is completed, please restart the phone. Let' see if that 3G starts working better. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes