3G lost at home
kary22

My zip code os 07307.  I actually don't have any issues with my 3G anywhere I go until I park in front of my house and now I lose my 3G.  This never happened before until about a month ago.  If i cross the street I get my 3G back.  I never had an issue before, why would this happen now?  All i have is wifi inside my house. Help Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G lost at home
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Has anything with your wifi changed recently?  Depending on the router that you have, one thing you could try is to change the channel the router is broadcasting on.  I had this problem when I got a new router a few years ago.  It interfered with my phone so I had to change the channel/frequency on the router itself.

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Here are links to instructions from a few different routers for changing this setting on:

Netgear

Linksys

Belkin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kary22,

Sorry to hear you are losing signal. Let's get you connected again. Dial *228 on the keypad. When you hear the other end pick up press 2. You should hear music for about 30 seconds and then an announcement that it was successful. The call will end on it's own. Reset the network settings: http://vz.to/1nfLJ0t . When the phone comes back on dial #832 to re-establish the connection to the network. Next attempt to load a webpage. Does 3G return? If so, just setup your Wi-Fi again. Let us know how it is working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kary22

HI Brian thank you for these instructions. I will try this when I get home and let you know if i wasn't successful. Thanks again!Karina

0 Likes