3G to 1X all the time!
MKS6907
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Iphone 4S keeps going to from 3G to 1X. Can't run anything..Pandora, Facebook etc..Any suggestions how to keep it on 3G?

Labels (2)
Re: 3G to 1X all the time!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MKS6907,

Let's get you back to the 3G speed you need! What's your zip code? Have you been able to use 3G in the past before?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MKS6907
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes i get 3G occasionally..like I said it switches to 1X and sometimes "no signal" If I to do anything that requires download speed. Facebook and Pandora are the two most common examples. Area code is 98026. It works fine in my house.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying MKS6907! When it comes to your device often time speeds can slow or become minimal based upon the device being 3G. Let's try a quick update. Please dial *228 send and select option 2. After this is completed please let us know if difference is noticed. Also please navigate to www.speeedtest.net and share your speed results with us, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
andreamac

My iPhone 4s still goes to 1X even after update *228, my speed is download 0.20 mbps/ 0.11 mbps upload. Really slow..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

andreamac,

That does seem little crazy. How long have you always had this kind of issue in your area. What zip code are you in? Have you tried to reset your network settings on the phone? You can do that by Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. Once that is done. Test out the network again to see how things are running. Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GeneGJr66
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem 3G to 1X and I live in zip code 19702 thats Newark Delaware and when I am in the car or on the bus not school bus lol lol my I Phone 4 S goes from 3G to 1X why does it do that and what does 1X mean please explain why my I Phone 4S 8 GB does this thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GeneGJr66,

Great question, let's get you some answers the 1X on your phone is our voice network and will replace the 3G icon when you are on the phone or when it is stronger than your 3G network. Have you updated your Preferred Roaming List recently? You may do so by dialing *228 Send then option 2. Please keep us posted on this.

KarenC_VZW

GeneGJr66
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes I have updated my preferred roaming list several times but still get the 3 G 1 X issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GeneGJr66!

Thanks for trying this step. I'm sorry it didn't work for you, so let's try something else OK? Please reset your network settings: settings/general/reset/reset network settings.

Let me know how that goes for you, thank you!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes