3g mobile hotspot
wilson974

how do i make my iphone 4 a mobile hotspot.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3g mobile hotspot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You would need to add the mobile hotspot feature to your account. Check your data plan as you might already have it. Then turn on the hotspot in your phone settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning and hapy Thursday wilson974,

The mobile hotspot on the iPhone 4 is easily one of my favorite features. It's a great way to stay connected wirelessly on a laptop and/or tablet while on the go. I'm confident that you will love this amazing option to connect to the web. It will be my pleasure to assist in getting this feature working for you. May I ask do you have this service added to your wireless subscription? If so then I have noted the steps below.

Settings > General > Network > Personal Hotspot > On

On the iPhone 4 you have the option to connect up to five devices at the same time on a single mobile hotspot session. Please note that the steps may vary, depending on what version of iOS is installed on the device. Also, keep in mind that wi-fi has to be enabled on the device for this feature to work. Billing for this service may vary based on feature/calling plan selected. If yo have any additional questions or concerns then feel free to reply to this message so I can continue to assist.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LouiseLeighton

Because we travel a lot, I use my iphone 4's mobile hotspot  constantly when we are traveling in the car. I use it to provide internet access on my ipad. Until this trip I have never had any issues getting my ipad to recognize the hotspot and provide internet use. However, on this trip, I have had continual problems with the handshake. The ipad pick's up my wifi name, but the linked rings(showing internet connectivity) do not often appear to  indicate the internet is available. Both of my devices jave the latest IOS version, and my iphone shows a very strong tower signal. Can you explain whatnis going on?  Thanks so much.

LouiseLeighton

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just a thought, maybe its because your moving from cell tower to cell tower instead of being stationary.

Another thing to try is after you activate the hot spot is to change your password and try connecting again.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I would also change the channel of the hotspot from the default, which is normally 6.

0 Likes
LouiseLeighton

Thanks very much for the help!

Louise

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
LouiseLeighton

Those are all good thoughts to try! Thank you for the very prompt response and good ideas!

Louise

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello LouiseLeighton! I want to make sure that you're able to use your hotspot when you're traveling. I utilize the hotspot on my phone all the time, so I understand the value it adds. The community really provided you with some great tips. So good, that I have to thank them for their assistance.

I'm not sure if any of those ideas resolved your concerns. So I wanted to add or ask if you're able to connect any other devices to your hotspot? Perhaps you could try a laptop or a PS3. If you're able to connect other devices, the problem could be with your iPad. I would suggest removing the remembered hotspot name and connection on your iPad and try to reconnect. Please let me know if any of this resolved your issue. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LouiseLeighton

Hi Chauncey, and thank you for the follow-up. We have reached our first destination, and so I will have to wait to test the suggestions once we are on the road again. The interesting thing was that I was able to use my husband's hot spot from his iphone, so I gave up trying on mine during the last leg of our trip. I will let you know what works once we are on the road again.

Thanks again,

Louise

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes