4S Verizon Network / Internet Connectivity Issues?
LauriLou
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having problems with what appears to be Verizon Network/Internet Connectivity issues. I am located in northern Colorado, using an iPhone 4S with a Mophie Air battery backup/case.

I am in a solid 4G area (even though the phone is 3G) and I have not had any problems with any connection issues, until last night. I still see three bars of 3G service on the phone indicator area...so it is decieving. 

I can still recieve emails, text messages, and phone calls, but nothing that uses the internet will work.  All apps seem to try to open and try to update, but the whizzy-wheel indicator just sits and spins until I get a "Network Error" message or a time out error of some kind. Most error pop-ups are saying to check the internet settings and try again. Ugh!

Also, since it seems to be trying to recognize the network all the time (even when all tasks are killed and nothing should be running), my battery is going down MUCH faster today! I took it off of the charger at 7am and it was down to 20% battery in only 4 hours! Then I turned on the battery backup, and it is quickly using that up too! At this rate my phone will be completely DEAD by the time I leave work today, and I haven't even used it for anything all day (except to try to connect to the web a few times - testing)!

I have tried the following so far to try to regain internet through the Verizon network, to no avail:

• checked for software updates...phone was up to date with iOS 6.0.1
  • checked my firmware version (it is 3.0.04)
  • killed all background/running apps (with the home button double-click/hold icon/end)
  • "reset" my phone via a couple of methods (both the regular power off option and the force-power off option).
  • *228, option 2 (to reset Roaming)
  • cleared all data cache areas/cookies/etc.
  • Cellular data is set to "On"; Roaming is set to "On" for all options;
  • I have a 64GB device (57.3 usable capacity) of which I still show 46.2 available.
  • WiFi is set to "Off" (although I can use WiFi at home with no problem if I need to, but I shouldn't have to!)
  • Airplane Mode is set to "Off"; Restrictions are set to "Off"; Bluetooth is set to "Off"

Basically, there is NO REASON my phone should be having connection issues! 

PLEASE HELP?!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4S Verizon Network / Internet Connectivity Issues?
LauriLou
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE: 
I have my connection back now it seems...  I am still testing a few of the apps I had previously tried to access, but so far it seems to be better.  Strange "hiccup" it had!  Not sure what was fixed or by whom, but as long as it works, I'm good.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LauriLou
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE: 
I have my connection back now it seems...  I am still testing a few of the apps I had previously tried to access, but so far it seems to be better.  Strange "hiccup" it had!  Not sure what was fixed or by whom, but as long as it works, I'm good.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
joshoneil

I tried everything you did and more, i thought i had it working, but i got a voicemail today and when i went to open it earlier it just has the wheel loading forever and then says it cant onnect to voicemail. the searching does make it wear down the battery faster as well.  i can get calls, texts etc, but i cant help but think there are a few bugs with the ios 6.01 software

0 Likes