50% coverage at home
Xuthis

Does anyone else have problems placing calls while sitting down in their apartment or data coverage about half the time at home? I've gone through all the tech support options with two different iPhone 4s' and my cell phone coverage is horrible. I suddenly get voicemail messages when I stand up from the couch because there was no signal. I get staggered data connectivity even with Wi-Fi on, which works great on my laptop. I've heard of people paying huge amounts of money for boosters, but I'm more inclined to terminate my contract and find a decent carrier than to go through any more of the Verizon nightmare.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 50% coverage at home
Not applicable

wi-fi has nothing to do will cellular so if your phone is having issues with BOTH then I suggest it's an issue with your phone not the carrier.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As Mr. Doe said it could be a phone issue. However depending on where you live and the type of construction of your appartment and hiw high or low you are in the apartment. It could just be a reception problem for the cellular part which is calls and text messages. Wifi depending on its location could just be equipment interference from a tv set, a toaster or even a cordless phone. You could turn off your modem and router and let them reset. after that is done turn wifi on your iphone and look for your network ssid name. Then enter your password (security key) for your network and check your connection again.

Did you take your phone to another location to check your calls and text messages? try that. Also go to a local wifi hotspot and see if your connection is stable. if it is then your phone is ok, just not enough signal or interference at your apartment.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello Xuthis,

We can certainly understand the value of having consistent and reliable wireless service. Please understand that we are committed to your wireless happiness and want to do everything we can to resolve this for you. Just for clarification, do you have the iPhone 4 or the 4S? Is there any physical or liquid damage on the device. If you can also share with me the full software version and carrier version then that would be great. Just to make sure that we cover all of the bases, please share the zip code of your area so I can check for any network enhancements that may be affecting you. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

KellySM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Val0863

We have the same issue 100% of the time! four of us in the home. We could never complete a successful 911 call which is kind of scary as I have children home alone after school. We live at 19348', have iphone 5s.  We've called many times and get nothing but BS from Verizon. They suggest we buy equipment to help them provide us coverage, how about we already pay you $300 a month for coverage and you don't provide it, lose coverage as soon as we turn done our street!  Verizon will absolutely not help and will not let us out of the contract so we can get a plan that will provide us coverage. Greedy BS .... This puts my children in danger when we cannot receive or place calls.

0 Likes