6 days into 1st month and I am at 50% data use?
Bob_in_Redding

I just got my first smart phone and come to find out that I have used 50% of my data plan in the first 6 days. What am I doing wrong? I have the 4g plan and am at 2.1G.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 6 days into 1st month and I am at 50% data use?
Chellsbells

I can not wait to hear the answer to this because I am having the EXACT same issue. I have had a smart phone for over 2 years and have never used more that 0.6GB of data and now after 7 days of having the iphone 4s I just got the text saying I was already at 50%. I even used to watch movies, listen to Pandora for hours, and browse you tube on my Galaxy in which none has been done on the iphone. There is no point in having a phone like this if you can't use it 😕

0 Likes
Bob_in_Redding

Thanks, Chells. What my son seems to think is that I have not been accessing a wireless net service when I wasn't at home. I have been using my Airport Express from Apple at home but was not hooking into any external internet service so I was using Verizon totally. I needed to go to a Starbucks or other place that has free wireless.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

fyi 4g can use 2gb in under an hour

ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Bob_in_Redding,

I can certainly relate to your data usage concerns as my son had his 50% data usage notification within a week of the start of our billing cycle (this was about 3 months ago when he upgraded to an iPhone 5). Then we realized that he had WiFi disabled and he was always using cellular data. We enabled WiFi and he now connects to any open network when available and his data usage has stayed well below 2GB each month. Additionally he only allows applications to update when a WiFi connection is available. Try these simple tips and you will see the big difference in data usage. Using WiFi as much as possible will save you big on your data usage. Have a great evening!

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes