Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A US sim card for my son?

Hi all,

My son is coming to work in the US at the end of this month. As he currently lives in the UK he has an iPhone 4 which has a UK sim card. He wants to be able to use his phone for keeping in contact but wants to get a sim card for the US.

Can anyone advise on on the best method for getting a sim for his phone which doesn't require a contract.  He is there for three months this year and then will be back for most of the year next year.

In the UK he currently has a monthly pay-as-you-go sim which allows him to top up as necessary.  It seems an old-fashioned way of doing things but as he is based in lots of places this is the easiest way.

Any help would be much appreciated!



Labels (1)
Re: A US sim card for my son?
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The Verizon version of the iPhone 4 does not have a SIM card as it uses CDMA instead of GSM technology, so your son would not be able to activate it on the Verizon network.

You might want to try AT&T to see what type of offerings they have in the way of accounts, either on a pre-paid or month-to-month basis.

Good luck.