A new look
Princeharvey

I have a black iphone but i really wanted a white one when i bought it. will verizon let me get another iphone but this time it being white instead of black.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: A new look
rademps2
Enthusiast - Level 3

what??.  ever heard of punctuation ?

0 Likes
rademps2
Enthusiast - Level 3

if i am not mistaking i think youre asking if vzw would trade you on a black phone instead of white ?  if that is your question most store i have dealt with will NOT.  you might have a chance if you smooth talk an apple employee, but good luck.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Are you within the 14 day return period? If so, and the phone is in like-new condition and you have all of the contents and original packaging, then yes you should be able to make the trade. There will be a $30 restocking fee for your original phone.

If you are past the 14 day return period, then no.

Why didn't you get the white one in the first plac if that was what you wanted?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

rcschnoor wrote:

There will be a $30 restocking fee for your original phone.

$35

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I'm not surprised I wasn't correct with the restocking fee. I don't make many returns.;) thanks for the correction.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being a long time Apple iPhone user, I understand the need for having the device color of your choice.  You may exchange unwanted devices only once within 14 days. A $35 Device Restocking Fee will be charged.  As long as the device is purchased from a Verizon Wireless store location.  If you are outside of the 14 day return policy we do have a great trade in program.  You can visit www.vzw.com/tradein and get a full appraisal of your device. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I'm sooty but I just can't let this pass without commenting.

A "great trade in program"? Surely you jest. Looking at the appraisal tool for this "great trade in program" you suggest, if you wanted to trade in a 19 day old 16GB iPhone 5 to get a different color, Verizon has determined your trade in value is a WHOPPING $272. That means the OP would only have to fork over ANOTHER $377 in addition to the trade just to get the same model in a different color.

I can't imagine how ANYONE with ANY common sense would think that is a "great trade in program".

So you are saying give Verizon your 19 day old phone, pay Verizon the same amount you paid for the 19 day old phone originally($199) and THEN PAY AN ADDITIONAL $178 TO COMPLETE THE DEAL. Yes, that sounds like a fantastic bargain!!!!!!!

A MUCH better program would be to sell your current phone on Swappa.com or ebay where you could easily recoup AT LEAST 70-80% of the full retail price instead of the measly 42% Verizon is willing to give you. Then you could pay another $150 or s and get the color you would like OR even get the color of your choice on the same website you used to sell your phone fo about the same price. Who knows there may be someone in the same predicament as you.

I know Verizon doesn't recommend any 3rd party services/apps/etc... but to recommend a "great program" which is clearly NOT customer friendly is absolutely ridiculous.