Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Activating a new phone with a frozen plan
ChadEscobedo

I purchased my iPhone 4S in the United States, but I am currently living in Spain and I have my service frozen until I come back in July...but I still use my phone to iMessage and use internet around wifi. However I lost my iPhone and am going to have to purchase a new one.

Is it possible to buy a new iPhone and keep my same phone number. Also, would I be able to purchase it at a discount price if I agree to extend my contract another 2 years? I am currently in the first 6 months of my plan.

Finally, if I buy another iPhone, will it be an issue to activate my iPhone here in Spain since my account is frozen?

Thanks a lot!

-Chad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activating a new phone with a frozen plan
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

No you will have to buy a new one outright.  They will not give you the 2 year price.

You will keep everything the same as you did before when you purchase your new phone.  Nothing changes.

0 Likes
ChadEscobedo

will my photos be available when I get my new phone also? I have a PC that is not compatible to view my photo stream online through iCloud.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

If they are in the cloud then yes you can get the photos back. 

0 Likes
gina7239

Did or do u have the lost insurance it will be cheaper then full retail.

0 Likes
ChadEscobedo

I was paying for insurance monthly, but I froze my plan so I am assuming my insurance did not carry over.

0 Likes