Activating an un-registered/unlocked SIM iPhone 4s on Verizon
JK808

Can someone at Verizon explain to me why I was told that Verizon cannot activate an iPhone that's not "provisioned" for Verizon service?

Situation:

I have an iPhone 4s, out of contract, owned outright, and has an un-locked SIM status according to Apple. Verizon tells me they can't activate a non-Verizon phone on their CMDA network because it's not provisioned for their system. Apple tells me that all Verizon has to do is input the IMEI number or the ICCID or the MEID into their system, activate it, and apple will then automatically push the correct carrier file to the phone when activated in iTunes.

Does Verizon have some sort of policy where they won't help a customer swap legitimate phones to continue to be able to use their service? Is Verizon out to just not play nice with a customers hard earned hardware? What if it was a phone bought directly from Apple as an unlocked device? Would Verizon tell the customer they are out of luck and a lot of money because they don't "want" to activate the device?

This shouldn't be this difficult!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Activating an un-registered/unlocked SIM iPhone 4s on Verizon
EpJayhawks12
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon doesn't allow any 3rd carrier devices on their network

0 Likes
Re: Activating an un-registered/unlocked SIM iPhone 4s on Verizon
JK808

@epjayhawks12 Yeah, I figure that, but why is it that way? are they trying to monopolize their network and not care about the customer? are they greedy and only care about making money from selling devices?

If I go an buy an iPhone 4s from them today, the only difference from my former sprint one will be the cellular network flag in the phone, and some operating system changes that the carrier puts there, All of which, the Apple representative said would automatically push to an activated phone from Apple's servers, not the carrier's servers.

0 Likes