Adding Insurance After Purchase
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

I upgraded to the iPhone under my "new every2" last week . I did not add "insurance" to my plan. If I change my mind can I add it on later or is it too late ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Adding Insurance After Purchase
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, you should fall under the normal 30 day period to add.  Asurion is also holding open enrollment right now so any device purchased in the last 2 years can be added until sometime near the end of april.

0 Likes
frank60657
It is expensive. $10 per month.
0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

With a $169.00 deductible.  But that's one heck of lot cheaper than paying full retail ($649.00 for the 16g).  So unless you're bubble wrapping your iPhone, you may find this a worthwhile investment.

0 Likes
workingman
Contributor - Level 1

If you drop your iphone in water, or drop it & glass breaks, if you have this insurance, does it cover it, with the deductable?

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

yep... the insurance covers even accidental damage, but you are limited to only two accidents per year.  So don't break your iPhone more than twice in a year!  Don't forget though that the iphone does come standard with a 1 year factory defect warranty, so if something goes wrong through no fault of your own, you're also covered.  AND you can also get extended coverage through Apple Care which for a few more dollars can provide alternate coverage in lieu of insurance or to supplement it.  Lot of options here... you gotta pick what works best for you!  (or just go without anything extra and be really, really careful!)

SydneyK
Master - Level 3

You can also get Square Trade insurance for $99/year that covers damage but not loss. Or check on your homeowners coverage.

Personally, I have never carried insurance on a phone. But having a glass iPhone would probably make me change my risky behavior.

0 Likes