Anyone Know how to restore contacts for just phone on Iphone4S?
TheNavigator

Facebook contacts got inadvertly mingled in the group contacts, and it over-rode contact that had the same name, but were not the same people Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone Know how to restore contacts for just phone on Iphone4S?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there TheNavigator!

I am sorry to hear about the contact mingling that was going on in your phone! I know it can be a bit annoying to call someone by accident because the contacts are incorrect. I think we can find a simple setting to change that.

If you go into your contacts, click on Groups in the top left of the screen. Uncheck "All Facebook" and only your phone contacts will be shown. Now, the individuals that were "over-ridden," if you uncheck "All Facebook" do they go away? Also, when you originally synced your contacts to your phone, how was this done? Did you download VZ Contact Transfer? Was it done by manually entering them in? Was it done at a store? Let us know and if you're still having trouble, we can work further to make sure you have the correct list in your phone.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
revgwife

I have the same problem.  Just traded in my iphone4 for the iphone4S because I wanted siri feature.   I followed the instructions as you said above,  but it still shows ALL my contacts.  I only want the ones with phone numbers. The store transferred my contacts.  Can you help?  Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning and happy Friday revgwife,

I can certainly understand how important it is to have the correct contacts in your phone. After all, we don’t want Siri to get your Facebook contacts confused with your calling contacts. Thank you for performing the steps that my colleague posted. I want to dig deeper into this issue and get this resolved once and for all. May I ask do you have the Facebook app installed on the phone? If so then try these steps to resolve the contact conflict.

Settings > Facebook > Contacts > Off.

If that doesn’t work then try logging out of the Facebook app and see if the contacts are removed. Once you have done so then please share your findings, just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gen_1_Monte_Guy

Did you try connecting to your computer and use your iTunes Acct,? Your contacts should be saved there.

0 Likes