Anyone Seeing Rapid Battery Decline Recently?
CanMan

We have one iPhone 4 and two iPhone 4S models in the house.  All three are seeing very rapid decline in battery during the day.  This started within the past week.  No changes in usage by us and we have closed open apps, etc. 

Thanks for any input.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone Seeing Rapid Battery Decline Recently?
mamanurse

We have 2  Iphone 4's and 1 Iphone 4S and my son who has the 4S is complaining of rapid battery decline. Just within the past week. I have noticed some, but not as much as his on my 4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this CanMan!  Please navigate to  Settings>General>Usage>Time Since Last Charge>Usage and advise the minute indication.  Also, please view battery tips here http://bit.ly/10cSSSI adjust, observe and advise as well.  Thank you!

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
quitabt75

I HAVE 3 IPHONE 4'S IN MY AREA AND WE SWITCHED FROM TMOBILE TO VERIZON BECAUSE OF UNSTABLE BILLING PROBLEMS BUT WE HAVE THE SAME ISSUES!!!  NOT RECEIVING CALLS, NUMEROUS FAILED CALLS ND POOR RECEPTION BUT APPLE CONSULTANT TEST PHONES AND SAID WE HAD GREAT COVERAGE AND THIS BEEN GOING ON SINCE OCT 2012 TO PRESENT BUT VERIZON TECH TOLD ME SERVERAL TIMES THAT THE REASON THE BATTERY IS DYING QUICK BECAUSE ITS TRYING TO FIND SIGNAL!! I WAS TOLD I WAS GOING TO GET A CALL BACK TODAY AT 530PM-536PM AND NEVER NO CALL BACK! SINCE IM HAVING THIS PROBLEM THEY TOLD ME I NEED A NETWORK EXTENDER BUT "I" HAD TO PAY FOR IT? ARE THEY SERIOUS? WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS AND ME PAYING MY BILL THEY COULD AT LEAST OFFER IT TO ME FREE SINCE I WASNT TOLD THE TRUTH IN THE BEGINNING WHEN I GOT SERVICE WITH THEM BECAUSE ALSO VERIZON TECHS TOLD ME ALSO IN THE BEGINNING WE HAD GREAT SERVICE!!! BTW AND YES WE HAVE DONE ALL TROUBLE SHOOTING BUT STILL NO RESOLUTION!!! IM TIRED OF MISSING CALLS IMPORTANT ONES AT THAT AND ALSO FED UP WITH DROP CALLS!!! WONDER WILL I EVER GET A CALL BACK? IF THEY SAY THEY CALLED THEN I DIDNT RECEIVE THE CALL!!!

0 Likes
wcgriffyn

Have you updated the devices to the latest version of iOS? If so one of the fixes that was implemented was that the devices poll wifi signals much more frequently to maintain a connection. This fixes an issue that iPhone 5's had with dropped wifi connections. The downside of this is increased battery usage. Try turning off the wifi when you don't need it and see if that makes a difference.

0 Likes
wcgriffyn

Try restoring the phones to factory using the restore feature in iTunes. Restoring iOS devices can fix quite a few issues and is always worth a try. But before you do that backup the devices using either iTunes or iCloud.

0 Likes