Re: Anyone getting billed for iPhone data minutes, Verizon refusing to refund?
wsanders

Wow, no luck rep surfing. I have never dealt with a more intransigent, stubborn bunch of customer service reps than Verizon's. They are consistently telling me I have to upgrade my plan ($20/mo more) before they will reverse charges.

The reps are consistent in saying that the data minute charges will recur each month. Sounds like bull. Let's make the customer pay for VZ's broken software.

I'll make one last pass through the Verizon Store down the street, on the way home, but it looks like I'm screwed.

This is all my wife's fault for upgrading to a Blackberry last year without asking me. Smiley Happy I wanted to switch to Sprint, but she reset our contract term. We'll definitely be bailing out on VZ as soon as we can, which unfortunately is next year.

0 Likes
mildlyannoyed
Contributor - Level 1
I'm with Jax on this one. Request a supervisor if the reps aren't listening. Sounds like a billing error for sure.
0 Likes
wsanders

I'm happy to report that Crystal in the Emeryville store took care of my problem. She rocks! She found an iPhone-compatible "loyalty" plan at the same price as my existing plan (I've been a VZ customer for 15+ years) and wrote an email to the phone support bureau that caused them to refund my overcharges.

She spent a lot of time studying the issue - apparently VZ was not supposed to allow iPhones on the old America's Choice plans but somehow my order and activation slipped through.

Crystal explained to me that my wife never had this problem because her Blackberry is an older Curve that still speaks EVDO and is still "compatible" wih the old plans. The iPhone is 3G only, no EVDO.

Hopefully, no more problems. Moral - just go to a store.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

AWESOME!!!! Just be sure to watch your online account to make sure all occurred.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone getting billed for phone data minutes, Verizon refusing to refund?
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1

Glad it was resolved for you!  Actually Americas Choice plans should work OK.  What Ajax said is exactly what happened.  It's pretty much a technical "glitch" in the billing system due to the ESN changes.  In the end, it was more so the ESN changes and the data plan the system thought you on compared to your plan.  Also, EVDO is the type of 3G VZW uses for their phones, so while that was a good explanation for you, a bit incorrect :smileyhappy:  In the end, glad it was straightened out!

0 Likes