Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Applecare+ after November 14th
rundown1345

I know that pre-order folks have until November 14th to purchase Applecare+. What about folks placing orders now, or in the future? I want to take advantage of an additional discount by ordering my iPhone 4s through Verizon, but if I don't have the option to add Applecare+, I'll just forgo that discount and order directly through Apple. (As of right now, there is still no option to add Applecare+ to your iPhone 4s order when placing an order through Verizonwireless.com.) Has anyone managed to purchase a non-preorder phone through Verizon and still managed to purchase Applecare+? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Applecare+ after November 14th
MiMeQu21

The Applecare+ is not just for pre-orders.  This is what is listed on Apple's website:

How to get AppleCare+
AppleCare+ must be purchased together with your new iPhone. To buy it, add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.

Note:Through November 14, AppleCare+ can be purchased by customers who:

• Pre-ordered iPhone 4 (8GB) or iPhone 4S
  • Purchased an iPhone (any model) on or after October 14, 2011 (proof of purchase date may be required)

Contact us at 1-800-275-2273 to purchase AppleCare+.

I did not pre-order an iphone.  I ordered one through Verizon, received it about two weeks later, and I was able to get the plan through Apple.  The key is that you have to receive your phone and register it by the 14th.  When I first called, they told me I had to sync my phone to itunes before they could register my phone with the protection plan.  Other than that, it was easy.

0 Likes
rundown1345

Thanks for the reponse. I guess my only follow-up question would be what about people who don't purchase/receive their phones by the November 14th deadline? I haven't been able to find any answers about that particular point. I'm assuming that the Nov 14th deadline is just for the pre-order folks, and that everyone else can just call Apple and purchase the plan once they receive their phones (regardless of delivery date), even if after Nov 14th. Verizon and Apple certainly made things a bit more complicated than necessary on this one, ha.

0 Likes
gina7289
Novice
If u call *611 and order or at the vzw store U still can do it now. If u order it through vzw u can get AppleCare + . It's not exclusive to the apple store $99 for AppleCare + $69.99 for original AppleCare after the fact does not include accident.

Is the + only for the iphone4s or is it for all iPhone vzw sells. I know the iPhone4 u can get for the cheaper warranty.
0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

gina7289 wrote:

Is the + only for the iphone4s or is it for all iPhone vzw sells. I know the iPhone4 u can get for the cheaper warranty.

You can get AppleCare+ on the iPhone 4 8GB...not sure if you can get it on the older iPhone 4's though

0 Likes