Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BATTERY ISSUE!
cboo357

I'm sure I am beating a dead horse here, but I've searched a ton of forums and can't seem to find an answer. For the first few weeks, my 4S battery was fine. I mean, I am a big texter and internet user throughout the day but I would usually get 8-10 hours before I was even in the red. On Tuesday, I went into New York City for the Giants parade. The spot where I was standing had very little service and my phone kept going in and out causing me to just turn it off. Ever since this day, my battery has been ABSOLUTELY horrible. I unplugged this morning at 8:30 and by 1PM I was at 20%. This is not normal. I can literally be on the internet for 10 minutes and watch my percentage go down by 2-3%. Has anyone experienced this? I've done a factory restore, limited my location services, never really have bluetooth on unless I am in the car and only use WiFi when I am at my house. Someone help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BATTERY ISSUE!
kaebfly
Leader

Have you tried dialing *228 and choosing option 2? Have you tried restoring your device without using your saved backup? Sometimes, doing this can rule out if there is a corruption on your previous backup that could be causing your issue. I wouldn't do that unless I have tried everything else possible first. Reset/restart/*228. Also, are there any new apps you downloaded anywhere around the time that the problem began that may have played a part with the loss of battery life? If you have an Apple store nearby then you can always visit the Genuis Bar and have them troubleshoot to make sure there isn't something else going on or to determine if you have a battery defect occurring. You can also contact VZW Tech Support to see what troubleshooting ideas they may have.

0 Likes
Re: BATTERY ISSUE!
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Oh my, cboo357!  That's a big drop in battery performance.

I would like to share some battery troubleshooting and battery life extending tips.

iPhone Hardware Troubleshooting "Power/Battery"

iPhone Battery Life Extending Tips

Try these steps and let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes