Backup Assistant and iPhone - not sending 8 digit authorization via text message.
astanton81

So I got my iPhone today and am having issues with backup assistant.

I ran it on my old phone and have the VZW app on my iPhone.

I get to the part I entere my phone # and it passes validation, and says it sent me the SMS text with the authorization code.

However I am not getting any messages.

I've tried resending it about 5 times and still haven't had any luck.

ANyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant and iPhone - not sending 8 digit authorization via text message.
blinzeln182tom
Enthusiast - Level 3

turn off your wifi then go back into the VZ transfer app on your phone.

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant and iPhone - not sending 8 digit authorization via text message.
astanton81

I have tried that. at first it wouldnt validate the phone #, and then i turned off wifi, and now it validates the phone # and says it sends the text message, but I receive no text message.

0 Likes
djslik

I have the exact same problem does anyone have any answers for this?

0 Likes
boisescott

Same problem here - wifi off, no text. Looking for answers.

0 Likes
nanna24
Contributor - Level 2

I have a Mac and this is what I did:

1) Signed in to Backup Assistant on the Verizon website

2) selected all contacts

3) Exported contacts (Under Options) to a .csv file

4) from my desktop, I opened my Contacts

5) Imported my .csv file into my contacts on my desktop

6) Connected my device and synced my contacts

If you have a Windows PC you procedures might be a little different.  Hope I helped.

0 Likes
astanton81

I have also noticed when I log into backup assistant on verizonwireless.com , it is unable to retrieve my list of contacts.

So maybe this is the reason I'm not getting the text message.

Those of you who aren't getting text messages, can you access it on their website here?

https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/ba/secure/backupassistant.action

Mine just keeps spinning and spinning, and eventually times out.

0 Likes
briguy812

I was having the same problem - turned of WiFi, still nothing.

Then I sent a text message to my wife's phone with the simple message of "Testing" and as soon as I sent it, I received the 8-digit authorization text message.

My assumption is that the phone needed to realize it could send and receive text messages.

Give it a whirl and see if it works for you.  If it does, post your findings.

0 Likes
astanton81

I've already tried sending and receiving text messages and I can do that just fine ... still nothing from vzw though.

0 Likes
huntoon307

i am also not having any luck!! I tried to reinstal the vz transfer app with wifi off and still no text with the 8 digit number. I can send and receive text from others just haven't gotten the one I need!! 

If anyone figures this out please share!!!

0 Likes