Re: Backup assistant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Greg9313!

I know how important your contacts are, so let's get to the bottom of this for you!

Since posting, has the issue been resolved for you? Please let me know what happens when you follow these steps: http://bit.ly/TKfKQP Do you get an error message? Does the phone act as if it's syncing, then stops? If you could supply me with some additional details, we can get to the bottom of this!

Thanks,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Slymo

Anyone figure out how to get Backup Assistant to work on an iPhone 5?  Verizon says get VZ Contact Transfer from the App store but that App does not exist.  I just get Backup Assistant when I search for VZ Contact Transfer and that will not accept the security code I get text messaged to me.  So far I'm running around in circles getting nowhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slymo,

Woo Hoo! Congrats on your new IPhone 5! I am sure that you are loving your device. Let's get your contacts moved. Backup Assistant and VZ Contact Transfer are the same application on the IPhone 5. You can click here for Instructions to complete the contact transfer http://bit.ly/qrMwum.

Thanks,
Pamela_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Slymo

Unfortunately I still have been unable to use Backup Assistant.  Every time I try to enter in the code it tells me I have an invalid code.  Happens over and over and over and I've deleted the app, cleared the cache etc....  I have given up and ended up doing a work around using Google which wasn't perfect but I got most of my contacts the rest came in using Facebook.

I know other people have had no problems but not me.

Now my main question is how can you send me to a link that starts with, "Backup Assistant is not compatible with iPhone 5, iPhone 4S or iPhone 4. If you are a current Backup Assistant user, you can use VZ Contact Transfer to move your contacts over to iPhone 5, iPhone 4S or iPhone 4." and not expect me to get completely confused. 

The information on Verizon's website regarding Backup Assistant, VZ Contact and the iPhones needs to be cleaned up so it is correct.   

0 Likes