Re: Battery dies at 25-35%
karenc1268
Enthusiast - Level 2

KathyH,

I have tried a soft reset, a reset, and yesterday tried a battery recalibration as described.  I'm still losing battery charge super fast compared to when I did the same activities under IOS6.

The battery in general under IOS7 drains especially fast once you get below 75%.  This has been extremely frustrating and is making me look more closely at a Samsung for my next phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

We want you to get the most out of your device and the new iOS 7 software la_femme_niki. I'm confident that we can partner together and get this taken care of once and for all. If the battery life hasn't improved then I would suggest performing some of these steps in the link below.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Also, I would suggest changing the settings for apps refreshing in the background. To do so, here's the steps below:

Settings > General > Background App Refresh > On/Off

Here, you also have the option to manually select which apps that you don't want to auto-refresh. Keep in mind that wifi usage also helps extend the life of the battery so we suggest using wifi whenever available. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
bleeblau

I have an Iphone 5 after installing IOS7 I noticed my battery draining probably twice as fast as before the update. I also have experienced my phone powering down at 18%-20%.

I find it entertaining that the Verizon employees are blaming individual devices and moisture damage on this wide spread known issue. I spoke to a representative at Verizon today and she confirmed that Verizon and Apple are aware of the issue and it is under investigation. I have also read several blogs isolating this issue with IOS7 to Verizon.

Hopefully a software update will come out soon to resolve this super annoying issue for all of us loyal Apple/Verizon customers.

In the meantime I suggest the Verizon contributors to this forum be a little more informed and understanding of this situation. I also believe Verizon should get this resolved like yesterday and compensate their customers that have had to deal with this BS.

0 Likes
mxvin

This has happened to me also since Updated to 7.02 .. my phone boots off (blue screen and grey screen) and I have to power it back on.  It happens randomly at all different battery levels.  sometimes while the phone is sitting there next me with me not even using it.  Very frustrating.  Apple only response was to restore to factory settings.  That would kill all my apps, since I am assuming if I did from backup that would defeat the purpose of restore to factory settings.  The new new update helped for a few days but now it's back to doing it. No water damage that I can see...

0 Likes