Best way to get iphone 4 8 gb at $100
DoritosBandito

I currently have an htc trophy and started a new contract in aug but im kinda interested in getting the iphone 4 8gb. What would the easiest way to get one at the $100, say start a new line then cancel before 30 days if it even works like that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Best way to get iphone 4 8 gb at $100
Tidbits
Legend

DoritosBandito wrote:

I currently have an htc trophy and started a new contract in aug but im kinda interested in getting the iphone 4 8gb. What would the easiest way to get one at the $100, say start a new line then cancel before 30 days if it even works like that?

You will be charged full retail price for the device or you pay the early termination fee.  You will have to wait 60 days I believe before you are even considered a "new" customer.
0 Likes
DoritosBandito

how about adding a line to an exisiting account? My buddy was with sprint and he added another line to get the evo 3d and then canceled it within 30 days.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

DoritosBandito wrote:

how about adding a line to an exisiting account? My buddy was with sprint and he added another line to get the evo 3d and then canceled it within 30 days.

Then he will have to pay outright for the device.  Sprint will do that to your friend.  There is a timeline he needs to send the device back and if it isn't there by then he will be charged for the device.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Short of using someone else's upgrade, getting someone that is interested in opening a VZW account and doesn't mind swapping their new phone (iPhone) for your current device, or adding a line to your account you will have to pay full retail for the device or find one being sold online (price may be close to full retail even that way). If you add a line to your account you can put a "dumb" phone on the new account so you can pay less each month (no data required for example) or you can get the line and give it to someone else to use. If you open the line and then close it a few months later then you will have to pay the ETF for that line (and it's possible you will still have to pay the full retail price if the timeframe is deemed as too soon. Not sure about that though). If you try to close it soon after getting the  iPhone but before the 14 day return period you will have to pay the full retail of the iPhone if you don't return it. If you don't pay  that amount you current line will be subject to disconnection also until you pay monies owed (regardless if you open the line as a family share line or as a seperate one. If they are both tied to your SSN then they are both subject to disconnection when the bill isn't paid on either account).

So your options are to:

1. Pay full retail
  2. Wait until you are eligible for upgrade
  3. Add a line and be prepared to keep it for awhile
  4. Find someone with an eligible upgrade that doesn't mind letting you use it
  5. Find someone willing to open a new account and swap phones with you
0 Likes
DoritosBandito

well i guess im going to wait then!

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
The etf is 350. So even if u wait a few montgs u could pay $100 less then full retail. 8gigs ur not getting alot. Of course she will have to pay the money back but u can be in a payment arrangement to avoid disconnection. I have done that when a bill is more high then normal. 9Financial services / retention team. Retention is if it will take u more then a month.
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

gina7289 wrote:
The etf is 350. So even if u wait a few montgs u could pay $100 less then full retail. 8gigs ur not getting alot. Of course she will have to pay the money back but u can be in a payment arrangement to avoid disconnection. I have done that when a bill is more high then normal. 9Financial services / retention team. Retention is if it will take u more then a month.

That may work for a higher than usual bill but may not work for someone that opens a line just so they can get a new phone without paying full retail and then closes it. Advising someone that they can just do it and make arrangements later is not guaranteed to work and may put them in a situation where they not only have to pay the amount in full if disconnected but also pay reconnection fees. It seems like the OP wanted to be able to pay $100 for the iPhone and not have to pay extras like an ETF or full retail.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I would save ur money get an iphone 4s but there isent alot difference. U could trade in an old phone and use that money towords yr new phone. Sometime stores have promotions to upgrade early. Sometimes u can get certified like new without contract for $100 or so less then full retail. Months ago they had iphone 4 16 / 32 gig $100 less full retail
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I would call customer service about options if its that important.
0 Likes