Black screen
camatt

My screen suddenly went out last evening.  I can hear the sounds, but am unable to see anything.  HELP! 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Black screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived, camatt! Seeing your screen is pretty much the most important part of your phone, so I know it's frustrating. Is there any damage to the device? How long ago did you purchase it? Try pressing and holding your power and home keys at the same time for about 20 seconds. This won't reset any of your information but it is similar to taking the battery out of a phone with a removable battery. The phone will reboot and hopefully the screen will reappear.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Black screen
danielle_pro

I had the same problem! The thing is, my screen was shattered a few months back, so I purchased a five-star rated screen replacement. I installed it myself and it worked perfectly for a little over a month and suddenly went black the other night. I've tried everything listed on the fit-it forums on numerous websites, and still no luck. I'm not sure if I should have someone look at it at the store, but I am unfortunately unable to find the kit with all the handy little screwdrivers, so I feel like if I take everything apart myself, I will lose pieces/parts. I just hope I can at least recover all my photos... I even tried connecting it with iTunes and when I tried 'syncing' the pictures, I realized it was syncing the photos from my computer, so I cancelled it before it finished. Now I'm not even sure if my pictures are still there. Please help!

0 Likes