Blocked a number, still receiving texts. iMessage?
VoodooVyper

I recently blocked a number (using 1 of the 5 free temporary block spots) from someone who I am getting tired of hearing from. However, the day after, I received texts from them. Why would this occur? They also have an iPhone and it was sent through iMessage. Does the Verizon blocker not block iMessages? If not, then how do block it?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocked a number, still receiving texts. iMessage?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Messages sent through imessage uses the data plan and won't be caught by the Verizon Wireless block.

I would suggest turning off imessage on your phone. This will force all messages to go through the Verizon Wireless network. You might need to adjust your message plan size if necessary.

I don't know if it possible to block someone from sending you an imessage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

VoodooVyper

If I turn off iMessage and the person sends me a text, will they receive some sort of message back saying they were blocked so they know and can take a hint? The reason I ask is because I use iMessage regularly and don't want to leave it off all the time because of this. I'd like to leave it off for a few days so they get the picture.

0 Likes
hippiechic1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

Delete the person from your contacts, then go into your Settings-- Notifications-- Messages. At the bottom of this screen, change your option from Everyone to My Contacts Only under the Show iMessage Alerts From option. This will not allow that person to send you an iMessage. They should receive failure notices on their texts, should they try that option.

msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

That's actually incorrect. It just turns off alerts. Messages will still come through.

0 Likes