Blocked contact still able to text me
Shaubp

I have an iPhone 4S and am using family base to block a contact. This works on other phones on my account. However, I have one iPhone which the blocked contact and I can still text back and forth. My other iPhones work in blocking the contact just fine. Can someone help me figure this out? Also if the iPhone is connected to my wireless network can it still send and receive texts from a blocked contact or number?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocked contact still able to text me
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're probably iMessaging each other rather than texting ... text blocks won't block iMessages.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're probably iMessaging each other rather than texting ... text blocks won't block iMessages.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tikibar1,

You've definitely help point Shaubp in the right direction. iMessage (blue messages) is a service supported by Apple and they are not text messages (green). This is why the Call & Message block feature does not prevent them from going through. However, I am pleased to say there is a way or blocking it directly from your phone. Simply add the contact you want blocked and then, access it from your contact list; scroll all the way to the bottom of your contact and you will see the options to block them. This will block all incoming iMessages, text and calls.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes