Blocking international calls
yongjook

I am getting harassing phone calls and messages from an International number. 504 9944 5472. It called me 7 times in the past 10 minutes.   I can not add this number to the do not call or text list because it has 12 digits..   Any suggestions?  Isn't there some way I can block all texting/calling/receiving of international numbers? I talked to Andy from the chat service and he told me that i can add usage control for $5 and block it.

Are there any other ways?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking international calls
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you send them straight to voice mail rather than answer?  Can you set up a contact on your phone with that number and send it straight to voice mail?  I usually don't answer calls if I don't recognize the number and they usually stop after a day or so, otherwise I let the calls go to voice mail ... they don't leave messages and stop calling after a day or two.  Good luck!

0 Likes
yongjook

Thanks for replying to my questions.

How can i send them straight to my voice mail?

I have an iphone 4 os

It's a hispanic lady. i don't know why she keeps on calling even though i said that i don't speak Spanish.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know how to send them straight to voice mail on an iPhone; sorry.  Maybe a search of this forum will yield an answer?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know those pesky calls can get pretty frustrating yongjook. And tikibar1 had an awesome idea, but that feature is not something that's available on the iPhone 4s. The Verizon Wireless Usage Controls http://bit.ly/Qe1osT feature you mentioned is a great way to block calls from up to 20 phone numbers, including international and restricted calls. There may be additional third party applications available through the iTunes Store that offers the ability to send the number direct to your voicemail, but there's not one supported directly by Verizon or Apple.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
sherman56

I just started receiving the international calls.  Because I can only block a 10-digit number on the website, I have contacted Verizon to block them.  However, I was told that I could purchase a Usage Control plan for $4.99/monthly; which is ridiculous.  Surely, there has to be a way to block these calls without incurring additional charges.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted calls can be so irritating, Jennie. I can understand your desire to stop these calls from reaching your phone. Since the Usage Controls option does not work for you, I would suggest one of two options. You can change your number online at www.vzw.com for no cost. Or possibly ignoring the calls for a short time will stop them from coming. I hope this helps. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TheJohns

WHAT?   Okay, I understand.  That response of .."pay us or just keep ignoring the calls and hope they go away."  Was a JOKE RIGHT?????????    Verizon has to be out of their f'n mind to think people are going to pay them to block calls they dont want. or "CHANGE YOUR NUMBER"     Why the hell should we change our number because we are getting international calls and dont want them, or for our numbers to be used in some scam?

Unwanted calls can be so irritating, Jennie. I can understand your desire to stop these calls from reaching your phone. Since the Usage Controls option does not work for you, I would suggest one of two options. You can change your number online at www.vzw.com for no cost. Or possibly ignoring the calls for a short time will stop them from coming. I hope this helps. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes