Blocking unwanted text messages?
callie_crk_kuczek

Hello.  I have a friend who has Verizon Wireless, but does not have internet at this time, which is why I am typing this message on the Verizon forums instead of her, who is receiving text messages on her iPhone 4 from an unwanted number.  Is there a way, on Verizon, that my friend can block the number? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking unwanted text messages?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can block up to five numbers for free through the MyVerizon account online. I don't have access to the exact steps at the moment, but you do need to be logged in under the account owner's login.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once logged on to MyVerizon as the account owner, hover over MyVerizon at the top and then under MyMessaging, click View All.  On the far right in the I Want To box, type the word block and you should get a pop-up where you can choose Block Calls & Messages.

This method will not block iMessages, however.

kme1464

If we turn off iMessages, will it block their text messages?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you turn off iMessages, it forces any text type messages to be sent via the VZW network and through the block filter. Then if a number is blocked, it won't get through to you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes