Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blurry pictures
mandis53

I have had my phone for about a year, now, and when I first got it, the pics came out amazingly clear no matter if I had zoomed in or not. Over the last 5 or 6 months, however, my pictures look like crap. Blurry almost every time. Zooming in makes it worse. What are the default settings for the camera on the iPhone 4, so I can try to get my clear pics back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blurry pictures
msturgis
Novice

Did you take the plastic film off the back of your iPhone?

0 Likes
mandis53

Yep. Like I said, right when I got the phone, my pictures turned out crystal clear. Now, they all look like they were taken with one of those cheap disposable cameras, some don't even look that good!

0 Likes
msturgis
Novice

Are the photos blurry only after it has been taken? What I mean is when you go to your camera app, before you take a shot, is what you see on the screen also blurry?

0 Likes
mandis53

No. The picture is clear and I can be as still as the wall I'm snapping a picture of and it still comes out blurry. Zooming in seems to make the blurriness a lot worse, in the taken picture.

0 Likes
msturgis
Novice

I was just trying to figure out if it was a hardware issue.

You can try a few things.

Connect the iPhone to a PC and view the pics on the PC. See if they are still blurry.

Power off the phone, turn it back on.

Back up your iPhone to a PC (using iTunes) and perform a factory reset, then restore from the backup.

0 Likes