Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buddy upgrade questions?
angelasara

My mother and I are going to do a buddy upgrade and I have a few questions. She has the basic phone plan and I have the 30$ smartphone plan. If I use her upgrade to change from my BlackBerry to an iPhone 4S. do I need to purchase the data plan too? She's probably keeping her basic phone so if that's the case how do I change the data plan back to how it was? Like instead of paying $30 each, I take her upgrade and end the data plan on her line and activate it to my line. How do I do this? And will Verizon help me through this if something goes wrong? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Buddy upgrade questions?
Not applicable

Are you doing this on-line or at a store?  If on-line, I think the two of you should just call *611 and have a CSR help you.  You should be able to do what you're trying to do and only pay one upgrade fee of $30 plus the subsidized price for the IPhone 4s.

0 Likes
Re: Buddy upgrade questions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

angelasara,

Congrats on the upgrade! No need to worry, when doing an alternate upgrade, everything on your line and your Mom's line stays the same. If you are hesitant on the process, our customer service line would be happy to process the order. You can reach them at 800-922-0204, or by dialing *611 from your phone.

Thank you!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes