Re: CHARTER EMAIL AND IPHONE
kdmorton2414

i posted this yesterday and got no answer, i do have charter, i have microsoft office outlook on my laptop, well when i finally got my phone to sync with the laptop, it ask me to sync microsoft outlook to my phone and it did.  i didnt have to do nothing it did everything for me.

0 Likes
Aggiegirl1991
I am able to send and receive on my charter account but my folders aren't there. When I had it set up on my Att iPhone my folders where automatically there. Has anyone figured this part out. BTW my incoming host name and outgoing is mail.charter.net.
0 Likes
andreafleming

Just got off the phone with Charter and they advised that supposedly there is nothing they can do, that I need to contact Verizon...  Got an error msg on my iPhone that charter.net is only set up to work with iPhones on AT&T's network

0 Likes
twovalvekid

KD, how did you get office outlook to sync to it? I have a macbook but have office 2011 so i have outlook. I somewhat poked around last night on outlook but didnt see much. Im about to just start a gmail account that my charter email is fwd'd to.

0 Likes
CoolSCDude

Hey everybody!

Partial success (so far!)  I was able to set up the iPhone to use Charter's IMAP server (send and receive.)  I'll post the details below.  Now I am not able to configure my Mac for IMAP.  It is still using the POP server which diminishes the advantages of using IMAP.  I'll still work on it, but I thought I should let you know that I succeeded in setting up Charter email on a Verizon IPhone4.  And for the poster who spoke to Charter and they said its impossible, I used to work at Charter and its likely that the person you spoke with just didn't want to spend more time on this issue.  Sorry about that, but I used to do it too!  🙂

Good luck to all my fellow Charter/iPhone users!  (and hopefully other cable companies too!)

Incoming Mail Server:

Host Name:  mobile.charter.net

User name:  xxxxxx@charter.net 

Password:  xxxxxxxx

Outgoing Mail Server:

SMTP: mobile.charter.net.>

Primary Server:  mobile.charter.net>

Server:  ON

Outgoing Mail Server:

Host Name:mobile.charter.net

User Name:  optional

Password:  optional

Use SSL:  ON

Authentication>  Password

Server Port:  587 

Other SMTP Servers:  Add Server...

Advanced>:

Mailbox Behaviors:

Drafts Mailbox:  Drafts

Sent Mailbox:  Sent

Deleted Mailbox:  Deleted Messages

Deleted Messages:

Remove:  After One Week

Incoming Settings

Use SSL:  ON

Authentication:  Password

IMAP Path Prefix:  /

Server Port:  993

0 Likes
twovalvekid

Im having partial success with this. It loaded all my folders and checked for new mail (and had some). But when i try to send it says "A Copy has been placed in your Outbox. The recipient "%@" was rejected by the server because the users is unknown." I tried to send a couple of test emails and got that.

0 Likes
kdmorton2414

twovalvekid wrote:

KD, how did you get office outlook to sync to it? I have a macbook but have office 2011 so i have outlook. I somewhat poked around last night on outlook but didnt see much. Im about to just start a gmail account that my charter email is fwd'd to.

after i plugged my phone in too pc and itunes popped up, it just ask went thur all the sync things and then ask me if wanted too sync my microsoft office outlook with iphone and accepted all.  I tried everything prior to that....and then it finally did this.  i did nothing, itunes did it all for me

0 Likes
Aggiegirl1991
Twovalvekid it did the same thing to me. So I added my username and password to outgoing settings and it worked. Everything is working now incoming outgoing and folders.
0 Likes
twovalvekid

Cool i will try that. It is sending things apparently...it is just VERY slow or gives me that error.

0 Likes
twovalvekid

What did you use as your username? the full email?

0 Likes