Caller ID states my location not my name
kathleend

When I call any land line, even my home, the caller id indicated Sierra Vista, a location, not my name. How can I change this to my name?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Caller ID states my location not my name
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I'm not sure that you can. You can contact Verizon to see if it's possible but as long as I've been a customer (around 10 years I think) with Verizon it has always shown the city/state and not the customers name when appearing on the caller id.

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

I am not sure how it is done, but I do think there is a way to change it, but it's not based on the iPhone, but instead your service plan

Personally, I have never seen a Verizon phone display as a location name over CallerID, only as "Wireless Caller" or "Last Name, First Name"

I know that whenever I call a landline fron my iPhone (or any of my family's Verizon phones call a landline), CallerID displays as "Wireless Caller"

I think that if you ask a rep at a Verizon store, they may be able to change your CallerID info to display your name

0 Likes
deborahgfan71
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have called Verizon about this. I was told that Verzion does not display your name and number on caller ids. It will say "Wireless Caller" and your cell number. When I was with Sprint and then T-Mobile they displayed your name and number. I don't understand why Verzion can't do it. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I may be completely wrong but it's possible that Verizon doesn't display names for privacy....recall there was an uproar over some of the wireless providers wanting to provide their customers names and wireless numbers for a special wireless phone book...Verizon was one of the companies that refused to provide their customers info for that purpose. Not sure if any of that could be related. I personally prefer that my name doesn't show. I do know that when I call a landline it usually shows up as my city/state and the number but it has shown at times as "Wireless Number". Same thing for everyone I know that has AT&T...their name doesn't show. Not sure if AT&T has a way to let those that want their names to show to do so....

0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

I was told it is done for security - I agree with Verizon on this one.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

A company named Targus handles Verizon's caller ID. All 4 lines on my account show the account holder's full name, not location. This has nothing to do with Verizon, as Targus deals with all of this. I've been told you have to sign up to get your name shown, but I've never done that.

You can contact Targus at:

http://www.targusinfo.com/contact/

0 Likes