Calls to Landlines come up as different business, number, and location everytime...Help!
Zack77

I've had my iphone 4 since February 2012, and just yesterday, everytime I call a landline number their caller id shows up as a different business, number, and location everytime I call... This is frustrating because then they won't pick up then because they don't know that number. Please help! I already tried the share id on My Verizon, and it didn't work. it says it changed to show my name on caller id devices and it still doesn't.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calls to Landlines come up as different business and locations everytime...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would be very frustrating, Zack77!

Lets take a look at this for you! So your number is showing up as different businesses/names when you are calling someone, yes? Its odd that this just began. We may need to look into potential "wires" being crossed during that initial connection. How do you have the Share Name ID set up?

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Calls to Landlines come up as different business, number, and location everytime...Help!
scarpenter6172

How do I remove myself from these conversation threads? I receive emails every time there is a comment and I can't keep up with the emails, nor do I need them.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Re: Calls to Landlines come up as different business, number, and location everytime...Help!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to the top of the page and use the drop-down next to your user name to select Preferences.  From there, change 'yes' to 'no' wherever you don't want notifications, then scroll to the bottom and Save.

0 Likes
scarpenter6172

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Calls to Landlines come up as different business and locations everytime...
Zack77

Yes we have already changed the Share ID on My Verizon on Monday and it still is doing this. It's only calls to landlines. Not mobile to mobile. Some of the names it's been saying are "TALK 1 ON 1", "NEW YORK CALL", "BID AXIS"... These are the names that pop up most frequently and everytime its a 347 area code with random numbers after. Our number is totally different from them, we live in Wisconsin.

Also, its been happening on both mine and my wife's iphones.

Yesterday we went to the Team Wireless store where we setup our phones and they called tech support and we got a trouble ticket....

0 Likes