Can I activate an iPhone 4s from Sprint on Verizon?
cda39

I have an i phone 4S and the current carrier is Sprint, can i activate and use the phone with Verizon?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i HAVE A IPHONE 4S AND THE CURRENT CARRIER IS SPRINT MY QUESTION IS CAN I ACTIVATE THIS PHONE AND USE IT WITH VERIZON?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Excellent question Chandler! Only devices designed for our superior network and technology can be activated with Verizon. If you are looking to join our wireless family, please call 8889247937 to speak with a sales professional and explore equipment options. You can even trade-in your current phone vzw.com/TRADEIN to offset some of the cost associated with switching.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: i HAVE A IPHONE 4S AND THE CURRENT CARRIER IS SPRINT MY QUESTION IS CAN I ACTIVATE THIS PHONE AND USE IT WITH VERIZON?
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

This is what I found on the Apple Support Communities:

The Verizon problem isn't the phone. The problem with Verizon is they will not allow phones on their network that were not purchased for use on their network. This is entirely a Verizon issue.

Sprint recently changed their policy (as part of an industry-wide agreement), and they will unlock a phone that has met its commitments for use on any GSM network. Unfortunately, a lot of Sprint CSRs haven't read the memo, so you may have some difficulty getting it unlocked. But if you persevere you can probably make it happen.

For the 5S and Sprint the situation is the same. However, all Verizon 5 series and 6 series phones are unlocked out of the box, even before you meet your commitment.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Excellent question Chandler! Only devices designed for our superior network and technology can be activated with Verizon. If you are looking to join our wireless family, please call 8889247937 to speak with a sales professional and explore equipment options. You can even trade-in your current phone vzw.com/TRADEIN to offset some of the cost associated with switching.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes