Can I return the phone I JUST bought...?
myguard

And exchange it for the iphone4? Since my paperwork says I can exchange their phones within 30 days, would it be possible for me to do so? I should have waited a few days but I didn't know what was coming....!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I return the phone I JUST bought...?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Yes, you can return or exchange within 30 days, but you will be charged a $35 restocking fee. This is because Verizon can no longer sell your phone as new. You are only allowed one exchange, so make sure it's what you want. Enjoy your new iPhone!
0 Likes
myguard

Thanks for the reply! My new phone hasn't even arrived yet, but I guess I'd still have the restocking fee, even without the package being opened up...

Wonder how that would work...I just return it as soon as I get it and ask for an exchange with an iphone or wait till they're actually selling the iphone before asking for it?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Hmm, if you never activate the phone, I'm not sure if maybe you could avoid the restocking fee. But you must make sure you take care of this before 30 days, or you would be charged full retail for a never-activated phone. If you do a return, you may want to do it in a store rather than via FedEx, so your upgrade date is reset right away. Or you can wait until the iPhone is in stores on the 10th, but that'll be cutting it really close as far as being within 30 days.
0 Likes
myguard

Thanks Sydney, good point! Returning the unused phone quickly would be vital, so that I would be eligible to pick out another phone, and all of this would need to be done within the 30 days. I don't have a store anywhere close enough to me (I'm in the sticks naturally :smileyhappy: So I'm wondering how successful I'd be trying to get all this done (including trying to exchange the unused phone for the iphone) online, guess that's something else I need to consider.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if it's being shipped to your house (not a local store) then refuse delivery. fedex will require signature so you just tell them you are refusing delivery and they return it to vzn. i'm not positive, but i believe then vzn will refund in full and it's as if the purchase never took place, as opposed to opening it and returning a "used" phone. i know they will consider it new if it's never accepted by you because in the past when people have refused delivery they just reroute that device to someone else who has ordered it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

also...by refusing delivery or getting it and immediately returning it, you should not lose your upgrade so there shouldn't be any real time concerns for you. just return it within 30 days or refuse it.

0 Likes
myguard

Thank you! I also just talked to a csr who said the same thing, so you're right on target. At any rate, the small restocking fee won't hurt my feelings much if I had to pay it. The main thing is returning it for exchange within the 30 days. She also said that if I go ahead and return the new phone, I would call on 2/3 to request the exchange for the iphone and my name would be put on that list, and the ship date is 2/10 (what she said anyways). :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
alberta

If It is 7  or 8  days more than a 30 day month....can I still return it

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

This is an old thread, so at the time that it was originally created I believe the exchange/return time was still 30 days. Around the time that the iPhone 4 was introduced to VZW it was changed to 14 days.  If you are past the 14 days you can not return it for a refund...no exceptions. Even if it were still 30 days, if it was 7-8 days past the 30 days you would not be able to return it. You can sell it and use the money towards paying full retail for a different device if you want...or find a device for sale that may be cheaper than what you would have to pay as full retail through VZW, but your return options are passed.