Can I still use my iPhone for music and camera if it is deactivated?
knop0060
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay so I love my iPhone, I really do, but with my new job I won't be able to afford the ~$90-95 bill that it costs me anymore. I have really good wifi at home (well.. relatively good wifi for what's in my area lol) and on my university campus so I tend to not even use data as much as I used to unless it's an emergency and I can't get to a decent wifi connection. To be honest I really only use the phone, texting, the music app, and my camera. I've been thinking about "downgrading" back to a standard, basic phone for a while now to lessen the cost (I figured it'd be about 45-50 bucks LESS than what I'm paying now which would help a lot), but there's one thing that's always stopped me--a) would I still be able to use my iPhone for the music and camera apps if I dropped my data/smart phone plan to a basic one and b) if I did drop my data/smart phone plan could I still use the few apps I sometimes do use if I was to turn on the wifi?

I'd appreciate any help or response. It's an odd question and circumstance I know, but I have to cut down somewhere, and my Verizon bill is higher than any other bill I currently pay, not including my rent.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: going back to a basic phone, can I still use some things from my 4S?
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Yes. You will be able to use the music and camera apps. You will not be able to use the phone or texting functions. You will be able to use iMessage if you connect it to an email address instead you your phone number. You will be able to use internet functions while connected to WiFi.

View solution in original post

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Yes. You will be able to use the music and camera apps. You will not be able to use the phone or texting functions. You will be able to use iMessage if you connect it to an email address instead you your phone number. You will be able to use internet functions while connected to WiFi.

knop0060
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much for such a quick and helpful response Smiley Happy

0 Likes