Can iPhone 4 have a data plan in afghanistan?
bwhite8851

I am currently deployed with my service suspend for my iPhone 4 because I didn't think i could get data while here. I have see some people using there phones and I know were I am at we do not have WiFi. They aren't the new iPhone 5's so i am stumped am I able to get one for the time being while I am here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can iPhone 4 have a data plan in afghanistan?
rcschnoor
Legend

Do these people you have seen have Verizon service? Do they have the iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S?

What do you mean by "They aren't the new iPhone 5's so i am stumped am I able to get one for the time being while I am here?" Do you want to get an iPhone 5 to use while you are deployed? Yes you can get an iPhone 5 while deployed, but if you are not currently eligible for a discounted upgrade, you would have to pay full retail.

0 Likes
Re: Can iPhone 4 have a data plan in afghanistan?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

The primary Cellular providers in Afghanistan are GSM network providers.  The Verizon iPhone 4 operates only on a CDMA network.  The newer model iPhone 4s is able to operate on either the Verizon CDMA type network or the GSM type network like the ones used in Afghanistan.

Bottom line is you should not expect to get cellular data using your Verizon iPhone 4 in Afghanistan.

Good luck.  Stay safe.

0 Likes