Can't Activate 4S!!!!! wtf
miss_lulu

I've been trying for 2 days to active the 4S. I've been told it's an Apple server problem and existing apple users are not affected by the server issues. So far Verizon has not done anything other than tell me to keep trying. Well I keep trying and trying and only hitting my head against the wall. I'm paying for service and I paid good money for a 32g phone and I can't use it.

Based on articles I'm finding when googling this issue, I'm beginning to think Verizon if full of s* and passing the issue to apple when it's actually Verizons servers that are having the same issues as when the initially got the iPhone.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-12-29/tech/30567927_1_verizon-customers-activation-problems...

Today I'm going to the store...again...tell them to get me a deal on a different phone or I'm transferring to a service provider that has an iPhone I can actually use for more than an itouch...which I already own. I don't need two of them.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Activate 4S!!!!! wtf
melzer

My verizon store told me it was a nationwide Verizon issue that they were still dealing with as of yesterday at 4:30 p.m. EST with new apple iphone 4 & 4S users only - unable to activate.  They called in to the main Verizon support line - so who knows what the real issue is.  No one ever wants to take responsibility for anything.  My reply to them today is that i want a 5 day credit from the data plan that i'm paying for which i can't use.  The girl also told me if they wiped my phone and re-configured it, that it MIGHT work.  No thanks...

0 Likes
lout

It seems like it when you try to activate it you have to go threw itunes and don't use WiFi.  Use itunes only it has working for alot of people.  I tried to activate around five times threw itunes but using WIFI.  Verizon guy walked me threw it using itunes only.  Then restarted phone and it worked

0 Likes
iphonejohn

I am now told after days of not working that they need to ship me a new phone,  BUT WAIT it gets better, they want to charge me for a new phone before they will ship me another one that may or may not work. I mean seriously, how about charge me if fail to return it, and this all for a product that should work right to begin with..

0 Likes
rubberdeeduckie

I ordered mine back in November as a Christmas present.  Tried to activate it on Christmas Eve for two days and it would not activate.  Spent two hours on the phone with Verizon who blamed Apple.  Was transferred to Apple who then told me it was Verizon.  Verizon ended up blaming it on the phone and like you, charged me for a new one and said I would receive credit when they received my phone back.  They also charged me ANOTHER shipping charge and who knows when I'll actually get the new phone since they were back ordered.  I am very unhappy.  My mobile bill is outrageous as it is and now they want to charge me $2.00 to PAY MY BILL?  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

For those that may not know, most that were having activation issues over the last few days were able to successfully activate starting yesterday evening. With the change to the message board you might have to search for the thread with the posts about it and what those users had to do to get things working. Try checking that out to see if it helps you. Also, try contacting CS again and see if someone can help you activate now since that issue was resolved (or appears to have been). You all may not need a new device at all.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Based on the article I read about the $2 charge VZW will be implementing it will only apply to those that make one-time payments via website or over the phone using a credit or debit card. You can avoid that by paying using an electronic check , paying through your banks bill pay system (which I always do anyway since it's free and is easier to manage all of my bills through), or paying in the store. If that is the case then the $2 fee is still easy to avoid. It's not the greatest thing that they want to charge anyone to pay their bill, but at least they aren't trying to charge regardless of how you pay.

0 Likes
iphones_for_all

POSSIBLE SOLUTION>>>>> I was one of those that could not activate my newly purchased iPhone 4s. It took 2 days, 2 trips to the Apple store, 2 trips to the Verizon kiosk, and 4 hours on the phone with Verizon Support and Sales. Here is the problem, atleast for me..... I purchased my iPhone from Apple.com and I was a new Verizon customer. I received my phone on 12/23 and tried to activate. iPhone did not activate but I received a "bill" in my email just minutes after attempting activation. I called Verizon via the *228 line. After being on hold forever, I was told that my phone was "set-up" wrong by Apple and was programmed in their switch to activate on 1/11/12. I had to wait until next year to use my iPhone...The rep. actually told me that I had to wait until January to use my iPhone!!!!! Needless to say I could not buy that solution..

To make this very long story a little shorter....Either Apple or Verizon set-up my iPhone with a future activation date. According to every Verizon support tech, their system is suppose to prevent future activation dates further then 5 days. I was told to contact their COORs dept. and have them delete the device serial # from their system/swicth and attempt to re-enter the device OR delete the account and set-up a new account. Well, as you might have guessed, I had to set-up a new account.

iPhone activated and all is well....Although my story was short, it was a real pain getting this fixed. Hours on the phone with reps. that did not know a cell phone from a glass of water. The Apple store did nothing except walk me thru the mall to 2 different Verizon kiosks looking for help. Called Apple.com and got no help since they claim it was all Verizons fault.

The bill I received minutes after I first attempted activation was actually dated for service in mid January 2012,,,,,WOW!!

0 Likes