Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can't block calls on iPhone?
vegeblonde

I got my son an iphone last December (2012) - I blocked a number just fine - it was part of the reason I liked Verizon - to be able to do that. I switched over from another provider to Verizon recently and now I can't block numbers. I am extremely disappointed. It's bad enough I can't use my gps and talk at the same time or text and surf - two things I do a lot - now this. I am going to cancel my service and go back to ATT - also - suddenly we're using tons of data?? over 6GB a month for two of us? I was on a plan with ATT with FIVE people and used just as much data and we barely used 2GB with all of us. My son is never on his phone either. I will be canceling Verizon asap.

<< Edited and moved to a new discussion for better exposure >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking calls on iPhone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Vegeblonde,

Wait! We would never want to see you and your lovely family leave Verizon. Unwanted numbers can be annoying, so let's get this fixed. You can add a free Call & Messaging block here http://vz.to/MqEgqB . iMessages run over the data network, so the voice blocks do not block iMessages. You would need to go to Settings > Notifications > Messages > Scroll down to show iMessage alerts from, “My contacts only” > check this option. Please make sure to delete the contact from the device as well. You can use data and voice at the same on our 4G LTE Network with most devices. What device you have? Send details please. You can accept my follow and send the information in a Private Message if you would like.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes