Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can't connect to WiFi
nicsan1

I just downloaded the ios6 update on my 4s iPhone. The download completed successfully and said there are a few more steps to follow. When I pressed "continue" it brought me to choose a network to connect to WiFi. When I chose my home network, it then asked for a password. I've put in the password that the verizon installer gave me for the router. It would not accept that password. I then put in every password I could think of, even the Apple password. No luck and now I am blocked from using my phone for anything, not even for incoming calls. I am not able to get out of this window and use my phone. Any suggestions as to why this is happening or what I might have done wrong.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to WiFi
Not applicable

I don't know if you tried this but lets do this.

Turn off your iphone and leave it off. next turn off your router to have it reset. Turn router back on and wait until its totally recycled and back on line.

Turn your iphone back on, wait for the screen to show the slide bar. Select settings-turn wifi on -then let it search for your routers ssid name. click on that network and click connect. It will ask for your network password key to get on your network. Please note these keys are case sensitive so when entering it make sure its exactly uppercase/lowercase/numbers if they are not entered correctly you cannot access your network.

If in doubt have Verizon come back and set the security key to something you can remember.

On verizon modems/routers the wep key is printed on the modem/router itself or on a small card that came with the device.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to WiFi
Not applicable

It's looking for your network password that you created when you installed your router.  The same password you use to connect your computers or tablets to your home router.

0 Likes