Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can't include a particular recipient in text.
TeresePamela

I purchased my first iPhone (4-8gb) 2 days ago and have encounted a strange issue - at least I think it's strange.

I can send a text to multiple recipients with no problems as long as my second son is NOT included, if I include him the message fails.  I can send a text to him alone with no problems.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can "fix" this?

Thanks,

Pam

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Can't include a particular recipient in text.
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

TeresePamela wrote:

Never put you - or anyone else on it - must be a Verizonwireless thing - I'm done with this forum, too many problems and no solutions

You do know that trouble shooting a device from accross the web when you are working only with the information from a user can be a trial and error situation, is seems that you want a instant solution and there is no such thing in a support situation because there is to many veriables that could be the issue.

This is another reason that I see the new Tech software that will be installed on the device for remote troubleshooting will be a good ideal..

scanloch53 wrote:

Please take me off your email list.

Sent from my iPhone

There is a option on the right of the page that says "Stop Tracking" if you click this it will stop the email notifications

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Does the message fail if you send him a text message just to him? You are using the full ten digit number?

Have you tried to remove his contact information, manually enter the phone number in a new message and see if that sends?

What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TeresePamela

As I mentioned in my original question, I can send a text to him alone with no problem, and since I can send to him alone I don't see the point in removing his information and manually entering the number, if it sends from the contact list then obviously the number is legitimate and entered correctly.

Whether I include him in a group of contacts or send to him alone I am selecting the same number from my contact list and yes it includes the full 10 digit number - if I send the message to him alone it is received with no problems, if I include him in a group the entire message fails and no-one receives it.

I don't know what other troubleshooting steps I, as a customer, can take - I am not a technical support person.  I have used many text units testing this issue as it is.  Using just family members, I sent to each person individually first and had no problems, I have the sent to every conceivable combination of members (3 in total) and the bottom line is no matter what combination I use if this particular son is included in a group it fails, if I exclude him from the group it goes with no problem.

Does anyone else have any answers??

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

When you send groups the application may access the contact info differently, Ann154 suggestion is one of the simplier method to isolate the problem but if you do not want to remove the info and add it again that's your call..

Try just removing the number and add it back instead of the complete contact record and see if that helps, also by chance are you syncing contacts with and Social Networking apps like Facebook or MySpace because this could cause a simular issue also.

0 Likes
TeresePamela

ok - I give up, now I can't even see my last two replies to this post.  I guess I'll just have to wait until Monday and return to my local Verizon store and see if they can help.  I purchased the phone at theBoca Park Verizon store in Las Vegas and my sales rep was Sandy - she was absolutely terrific, no kidding, she was helpful, knowledgable and patient.

I did try deleting the offending contact and re-entering with just the phone number - group message failed.

tried deleting the offending contact again and sent a group text by selecting two "good" contacts from my contact list and typing in the phone number of the offending contact directly into the "To" field with the same result - group message failed.

I am so very disappointed as this is an important feature for me.

Thanks to those who tried to help.

Have a great Easter everyone Smiley Happy

0 Likes
gina7239

You have to have group messegeing on in settings. I know that for sure. I assume you have that.

0 Likes
TeresePamela

Hi gina7239 - yes group messaging is on...  like I say, I have no problems sending to a group as long as this particular contact is not included.  Very frustrating..

0 Likes
scanloch53

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

scanloch53 wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

Have you checked your email preferences for the community.  There are controls on how you are notified of posts.

Message was edited by: Ann154

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TeresePamela

Never put you - or anyone else on it - must be a Verizonwireless thing - I'm done with this forum, too many problems and no solutions

-

scanloch53 <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

scanloch53 created the discussion

"Re: Can't include a particular recipient in text."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/801037#801037

>

0 Likes