Can't send or receive since upgrade
Eric44

I can't send or receive text messages and my settings are screwed up.  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send or receive since upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize your upgrade wasn't seamless, Eric44. Are you referring to the software update to iOS 7?
What is going on with the messaging? Do you get an error when you try to send a message?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Eric44

Hi TamaraH_VZWSupport,

Two problems are:

1.      Text messages to the person to whom I most often send texts are not being delivered.  I get the red exclamation point and “not delivered” message.  All my other text messages go through.  The person to whom I am sending texts tells me she is getting text messages from others and I am receiving her messages, so I don’t understand.  Her cell phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx.  She is also a Verizon customer using an iPhone 4 and she too has just moved to iOS 7.  My cell number is xxx-xxx-xxxx.

2.      Somewhat frequently my NPR ap shows me the blue circle of death when I seek to listen to the latest news cast.  Sometimes it works fine and other times it will spin continually and never connect.  I have plenty of power and at least two bars (sometimes three, four or five).

Thanks for any insight/advice you can provide.

Eric

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Eric44!

So sorry to learn of the issues you're having with messaging since your update. I have some troubleshooting steps for you, to see if we can get this resolved for you. Please reset your network settings and monitor the device: http://vz.to/100ziru

Please also restore the device if needed: http://vz.to/10J7fxs

Keep me posted on your results!

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Eric44

ChristinaB,

I stumbled on the idea of resetting my network settings and all is well.

Thanks for the response.

Eric

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad that everything has been resolved. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on @VZWSupport

0 Likes