Can't unlock iPhone 4s
jamescone

I am a longtime Verizon customer.  I called to let Verizon know that I would be in Italy for three months and asked that my iPhone 4s be unlocked and then put on vacation for 90 days.  When I got to Italy and bought a TIM sim card, I found out that the phone was not unlocked as the Verizon representative told me they had done.  I wasted over $30.00 on a call to Verizon trying to get the phone unlocked.  They hung up on me while I was waiting to be transferred to tech support.  I do not want to waste any more money calling Verizon.  I tried live chat, but that did not work.  I have not been able to find any way to contact Verizon by email.  There is no toll free number to call for help and for an international phone company, that really seems unreasonable.  If I put my Verizon sim card back in the phone and take it off of vacation, will I be able to have the phone unlocked? What do I have to do to get my phone unlocked?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I have some questions about the unlocking of iPhone 4s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see that you were unable to get your device unlocked jamescone. I can review your account to verify if it was unlocked or not and further assist. I sent you a direct message for more details.

Also, we do have a global toll-free number 908-559-4899 and you can find all support info at http://vz.to/18oaptS.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Can't unlock iPhone 4s
jamescone

I can send you my device id number if you need it. I sent you my name and number as well as the last 4 of my ssn in another email.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just do as they instructed you to do. The rep said it was a free call through Global Support.

Verizon is not going to email you.

Do as they requested and work with them, not against them.

Good Luck

0 Likes
jamescone

It is not a free call. It costs 20 cents per minute and I have already

spent $30.00 calling Verizon without result, and will not spend any more

wasting my time on hold or talking to someone who has no clue how to solve

my issue. If I can't get the issue resolved without calling on my TIM

phone, then I will just have to use that while I am in Italy and get rid of

Verizon when I return to the states. When I had AT&T I had no problems. I

don't need luck. I need someone at Verizon who knows what to do to unlock

my phone like they said that the did before I left the states. That is not